Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Advert For New Yaris

Cyker

Dear god! Seriously Toyota?? Seriously?? :eek:

Oh man! You gotta be a dude! It's well wicked!

We saw it for the first time last night and my wife and I looked at each other and uttered "what the ...." in unison (fill in your own appropriate word).

What were Toyota thinking?

Dave.

I haven't seen it yet on tv, only the video Toyota put on their facebook page. Of course my connection was a bit on the slow side when I was watching it. I don't think it shows enough of inside the Yaris. The ad could be better I think but maybe its different when seen on tv.

Is this the one y'all are going on about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f2d1T__nts

Yeah, only the TV one is proportionally longer and more cringeworthy...

Kingo wasn't kidding when he said Mr T were targeting the Mk3 at a younger audience...

Apparently they are going for the 12-17 wannabe bling rap gangsta yo dawg chekkit market :lol:

Agree, crap advert, but the car looks pretty good though! :yahoo:

I wonder if the Hybrid one is in the same bodyshell?

I believe the HSD version will be lowered and have some aero tweaks but I've only seen the older pictures which were based on the old (And much uglier) Mk3 design.

Dear god! Seriously Toyota?? Seriously?? :eek:

Just seen it and thats exactly the point...... Not serious, a bit of a laugh and not before time Toyota started to change its `stuffed shirt` image a bit.

I like it !

We`re not all auld fogies...... are we ???? :huh:

I thought it was lame. Really lame. I like adverts that are clever or humorous (Honda Cog! :toast: ) but this one is down there with the We Buy Any Car (ARRGH!) and Confuse (DIE DIE DIE) adverts :ffs: :censor:

I thought it was lame. Really lame. I like adverts that are clever or humorous (Honda Cog! :toast: ) but this one is down there with the We Buy Any Car (ARRGH!) and Confuse (DIE DIE DIE) adverts :ffs: :censor:

Designed to annoy!............But the whole point of those type of adverts is that they work and get on people's minds, therefore associating with the product.......Job done!

Ahh, you are in the 'no publicity is bad publicity' group 'eh? :)

I dunno, it can back-fire; I actually stopped using confuse and defected to the meerkats because their new adverts annoy me so much ;)

But the Yaris ad fails there too; It's not memorable, just bad :(

Ahh, you are in the 'no publicity is bad publicity' group 'eh? :)

I dunno, it can back-fire; I actually stopped using confuse and defected to the meerkats because their new adverts annoy me so much ;)

But the Yaris ad fails there too; It's not memorable, just bad :(

Ironically the New Yaris advert will put the car in people's minds.........For whatever reason!

The more controversial the advert is, the more it will get discussed.

The more that it is discussed, the more likely people will look at the car.........That is exactly what Toyota want

Ironically the New Yaris advert will put the car in people's minds.........For whatever reason!

The more controversial the advert is, the more it will get discussed.

The more that it is discussed, the more likely people will look at the car.........That is exactly what Toyota want

Correct, although the OP didn`t appear to like the advert........ :lol:

New advert is crap.. but makes you remember it (for all the wrong reasons!)

Which is the whole idea! IMO Toyota have got it right, shock the public with a bad ad and they will remember the product.

Why have a bland advert like some where you remember the ad but not the product it's advertising?

There's an advertisement for Kia and you would think it was for cat food, they show a cat jumping off walls and onto things, then near the end they beiefly show a car in a rotten shade of green, only then do you realise its not for catfood. Any time I see that Kia advertisement I still keep expecting to see a tin of Whiskas on the screen at the end.

I think the worst advertisement for a car I ever saw was one for Peuegeot, it was a few months ago. It started off with a car floating through deep water,on the sea bed, with all the dirt floating round it. I think it was in the worst possible taste, like the car had been in an accident and was floating round under the water. It showed the water gushing out of the car and things floating through the car. Looked like the car was in an accident.

At least the ad for the Yaris isn't as bad as those 2

:rolleyes: Just wait until you wake up one morning with that tune buzzing around in your head! It drives you nuts.(Pardon the pun):crybaby:

New advert is crap.. but makes you remember it (for all the wrong reasons!)

Thats how advertising works, and it's worked on you :lol:

There is another one waiting in the wings. It is more rap orientated with rappers on the streets. It was held back due to the recent unpleasantness we had on the streets :eek:

Remember who this car is aimed at.........25-45 Year olds

Kingo :thumbsup:

Personally i think its a very good advert, catchy tune and gets to the point :)

Personally i think its a very good advert, catchy tune and gets to the point :)

Course it is, just a bit fun man ! :thumbsup:

Theres some miserable beggers on here :lol::lol:

The advert is technically brilliant with the mix of live and animation and a catchy tune which will get in people's minds and get the message across.

Very clever Toyota!

Just compare Toyota's ad with what Kia came up with to promote Anchs' Soul. These hamsters rock:

Sorry, once I saw the 'hampsters' in the first link you posted, my stomach was turned - they look more like rats or mice to me, So I didn't watch it, couldn't.

Just compare Toyota's ad with what Kia came up with to promote Anchs' Soul. These hamsters rock:

Sorry, once I saw the 'hampsters' in the first link you posted, my stomach was turned - they look more like rats or mice to me, So I didn't watch it, couldn't.

The Hampsters in the first clip will not live long

None of them were wearing a seat belt.....lol....It was photoshopped on!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links