Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle On Passenger Size?

redY

I experienced rattles in the interior occasionally while driving, seems to happen more in warm days.

anyone know what it is? and any cure?

its a mk2 Yaris.

thanks!

Have you removed everything from the cubby holes and glove boxes to eliminate them? If Yes then I would get an assistant to ride with you in order to try and locate the rattles whilst they are happening.

Sorry that is the best advice I can offer!

Rattles/squeaks etc. can be very deceptive too as to their source. As previous poster, you really need someone in the car to locate properly.

I had an annoying rattle in a previous car, which to my ears seemed to be coming from behind the driver's seat belt height adjuster right next to my ear. It wasn't! A rear seat passenger pinpointed it to behind the rear offside door panel!

The biggest source of rattles in my Yaris were the storage space lids being of poor/cheap design and fit. The worst one being the lower left glovebox lid. The dealer"fixed"(not) them by sticking ugly grey foam all over the place which I removed and sorted myself using strategically placed self adhesive black hemispherical pads! The front passenger air bag was another source, it wasn't secure! :censor:

I have removed everything from the cubby holes, glove boxes, even the underseat tray, but it still stays.

When i bought the car a year ago, it didnt have this problem, i suspect that i ran into a pothole and caused this.

But the thing is, it only happens occasionally, seems happen more often on very warm days.

It sounds like a a bit of broken plastic at the passenger door, but i checked the door, it seemed fine.

My friend's car had a loud rattle, thought it was a loose door trim, inside the door, but it turns out to be something in the dashboard.

my glovebox and cubby holes seem quite secure, hardly made noises, maybe loose screw?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links