Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Passenger Airbag

toyotayaris_sr

No doubt an easyone for toyota vets!

Anyway I just bought my first toyota (yaris sr 57 plate), very pleased I am too. It comes with the remote unlocking fob. Great stuff. The passenger airbag light is set to off, so I want to turn it on. In the instructions it says insert THE key into the airbag lock on the passenger door side.

All very well but the car only came with two fobs and no keys. So I tried inserting house keys and the like but they don't appear to work, I don't want to damage the lock either.

So is this key something I now need to order through Toyota or should I go to a toyota dealer to get them to turn the passenger airbag on? Assume that the dealer that sold the car does not have THE key.

Thanks in advance!

No doubt an easyone for toyota vets!

Anyway I just bought my first toyota (yaris sr 57 plate), very pleased I am too. It comes with the remote unlocking fob. Great stuff. The passenger airbag light is set to off, so I want to turn it on. In the instructions it says insert THE key into the airbag lock on the passenger door side.

All very well but the car only came with two fobs and no keys. So I tried inserting house keys and the like but they don't appear to work, I don't want to damage the lock either.

So is this key something I now need to order through Toyota or should I go to a toyota dealer to get them to turn the passenger airbag on? Assume that the dealer that sold the car does not have THE key.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TOC

Do you not have a metal key blade concealed in your fob?

If not.....your Toyota dealer should be able to re-activate the passenger airbag..........Good luck

"Do you not have a metal key blade concealed in your fob?"

You are indeed right! Thats very well concealed, so well I convinced myself there had been no key.

One happy owner ;-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links