Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can you pull an 3sgte from the top????

mtlisi

I want to replace my 3sgte engine for a newer one, but I'm not sure If I can get the engine out from the top of the car, or if I have to lift the entire car and pull it from the botto. Please let me know!

Taking it out from underneath is the best way, but only if you have a ramp of course! Never tried to take one out the top!

Celica will only come out from below, but not sure on MR2

Hey at last a question I can answer where I'm 110% positive of the answer....

When I had my engine replaced the company that did it lifted it from the top, I was very worried as it is better to be dropped. As long as the company are careful what there doing so they dont scrape the paint of the inside engine bay you'll be fine, not an easy thing to do though !!

I have seen shops that used jack stands and took it from the bottom, but that looked very unsafe. I will probably have someone do it instead of doing it myself. The car is going to be painted anyway, and I wanted to work on it, but I don't want to risk the trouble of breaking things. I'm looking forward to having a nice Mr2 Turbo to drive. I want to see about 250Hp at the wheels when all is said and done.

Originally posted by mtlisi

I have seen shops that used Jack stands and took it from the bottom, but that looked very unsafe. I will probably have someone do it instead of doing it myself. The car is going to be painted anyway, and I wanted to work on it, but I don't want to risk the trouble of breaking things. I'm looking forward to having a nice Mr2 Turbo to drive. I want to see about 250Hp at the wheels when all is said and done.

Do you have hangers, if you have then you should use them and take it out the top.

I have seen shops that used Jack stands and took it from the bottom, but that looked very unsafe. I will probably have someone do it instead of doing it myself. The car is going to be painted anyway, and I wanted to work on it, but I don't want to risk the trouble of breaking things. I'm looking forward to having a nice Mr2 Turbo to drive. I want to see about 250Hp at the wheels when all is said and done.

If your from USA why didn't you buy a Fiero, these were based on the MR2s but with bigger engines, or so i am informed

Fiero was an attempt to compete with the Mr2, but it was quite a flop. It wasn't nearly as reliable and the v-6 in the fiero was a 150Hp piece of garbage. The turbo engine has a great deal more overall potential. Plus Toyota quality can't be beat.

I have an engine hoist at my disposal, and I've done front engine replacements before, but there isn't as much room to work as there is in a 200sx or rx-7. Either way it will get done, but I don't want to mess anything up trying to save a little bit of money. I'd rather pay,a dn have it done right.

Fiero was an attempt to compete with the Mr2, but it was quite a flop. It wasn't nearly as reliable and the v-6 in the fiero was a 150Hp piece of garbage. The turbo engine has a great deal more overall potential. Plus Toyota quality can't be beat.

I just heard somewhere that it was in conj. with mr2, i stand corrected. I totally agree with you on Toyota quality:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links