Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Watchdog

acetip

Tonights watchdog on bbc 1 is dicussing what they describe as an eco-friendly car component thats costing motorists lots of money.

Possibly the egr or dpf. so i will have to watch that or record for seeing later.

I get fed up of this programme sometimes, AR making the same sly comments, getting all confuddled trying to interview people but obviously cannot take instructions in her ear AND talk at the same time. MR and his stupid motorbike friend (he earns money for old rope) acting all dumb and treating the viewers like idiots

Yes I'm all for exposing wrong doing and shoddy workmanship but the style and format are old hat. Did you see AR trying to interview the man from the DVLA? she got all confused and started shouting at him to make up for her useless questioning. The prog needs to be hard hitting, not having presenters "acting" and treating the viewers like idiots

Kingo :thumbsup:

Meh... EGR, Catalytic convertors, charcoal canisters etc

Whenever i buy a car i start by removing all this rubbish.

My moneys on the DPF - yes EGRs are an issue but nothing like as much as the DPFs.

So when you say AR lads - does that mean that the lovely Julia isn't presenting it anymore :crybaby: . Incidentally did they ever cover the issues with Mazda diesel engines because to be honest some of the issues with cars ive heard them cover are only small fry compared with what is happening the Mazda 2.0 diesels from what i am hearing.

Red diesel

My moneys on the DPF - yes EGRs are an issue but nothing like as much as the DPFs.

So when you say AR lads - does that mean that the lovely Julia isn't presenting it anymore :crybaby: . Incidentally did they ever cover the issues with Mazda diesel engines because to be honest some of the issues with cars ive heard them cover are only small fry compared with what is happening the Mazda 2.0 diesels from what i am hearing.

Red diesel

You only have to do a search for Mazda dpf to get the horror story

Red diesel

You only have to do a search for Mazda dpf to get the horror story

Yes i know they (mazda) have had big DPF issues - but im on about the issue with the oil starvation causing Shell bearings (i think thats what they are called) to break and causing engine failure. Or is that all part of the one issue???.

Personally i think this whole saga with Mazda diesel engines has done irreperable damage to their reputation as far as diesel cars are concerned. The only ways to repair the damage i think is to either a) Decide they aren't able to build reliable diesel engines and buy in diesel engines from other manufacturers such as Peugeot (i know they already do this with the 1.6 HDI engines). Or B) Draw a line under the past, go all out to make the best diesel engine ever made for reliability and put a 250 000 mile warranty on it (obviously designing the engines to do that mileage of course).

Option B is similar to what Renault in Ireland have done - they are selling cars with 5 year warranties i think. Renault of course also had reliability issues with the Laguna II and Megane II.

Red diesel

I get fed up of this programme sometimes, AR making the same sly comments, getting all confuddled trying to interview people but obviously cannot take instructions in her ear AND talk at the same time. MR and his stupid motorbike friend (he earns money for old rope) acting all dumb and treating the viewers like idiots

Yes I'm all for exposing wrong doing and shoddy workmanship but the style and format are old hat. Did you see AR trying to interview the man from the DVLA? she got all confused and started shouting at him to make up for her useless questioning. The prog needs to be hard hitting, not having presenters "acting" and treating the viewers like idiots

Kingo :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more. AR is a total waste of space in my points of view! And she doesn't like the Welsh! So she can knickers! Anyway... Everyone knows that she's a man in drag! :yahoo::blink::lol:

She likes to think she is a top interrogator but in fact she is just Mrs Shouty from Shoutsville that bullies her way through an interview and keeps interrupting before the interviewee has chance to respond.

She met her match the other night with the woman from Pontins who would not let her interupt, thought she did very well against the old boot! Not that I agreed with Mrs Pontins, those holidays were a shambles and customers deserved better

as for that t1t on a motorbike....................dont start me off :angry:

Haven't seen dogwatch for years. I stopped watching it when they ran a long campaign to get leads on kitchen appliances shortened so that idiots wouldn't be able to drape them across their cookers. They were so pleased when they eventually succeeded. Now they just plug them in to extension leads to drape across the cookers instead. So all they achieved on that waste of space program, as do-gooders usually do, is added inconvenience to the sensible majority while making no impact at all on the behaviour of the cretins.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links