Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Catalytic Cleaner

baz1631

Hi again fellow Rav'ers, just a wee update on the outcome of the new /recon turbo, the mechanic put some thing he called "particulate cleaner" in the tank (1/2full)and said it would clean out any :censor: like dirty oil ect in the cat.converter and anywhere else.(I suppose he means the exhaust system).So today I ran the car for about 40/50 miles and "floored it", ran well but I was told by mech. that when the turbo kicked in I would feel it! it certainly increased speed but not with a "surge" as the mech described. Is there something holding the engine back or is this normal? Would appreciate any helpfull comments. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Who had hold of the money when he told you you would "feel a surge"?

I doubt these additives have any short term benefit and I'm not sure about any long term. Some wear by this 244 stuff but for me high grade diesel has everything it needs and it will certainly keep a cat clear of any carbon build up.

I doubt these additives have any short term benefit and I'm not sure about any long term. Some wear by this 244 stuff but for me high grade diesel has everything it needs and it will certainly keep a cat clear of any carbon build up.

'mornin' Anchs, I think the mech.was more concerend about the old oil I'd put in before I took it to him, as the car had been sittin for EXACTLY! a year with me stupidly thinking I could do some good by changin' the oil. So am I correct in assuming ...(1) there would b NO "surge" as such, but more of a steady build-up of speed? And (2)....also when I start the engine from cold there is still a load of exhaust with the smell of "additive" coming out but goes when engine warms up. Am I right in thinking it will eventualy burnout? Thanks for the reply..much appreciated!

'mornin' Anchs, I think the mech.was more concerend about the old oil I'd put in before I took it to him, as the car had been sittin for EXACTLY! a year with me stupidly thinking I could do some good by changin' the oil. So am I correct in assuming ...(1) there would b NO "surge" as such, but more of a steady build-up of speed? And (2)....also when I start the engine from cold there is still a load of exhaust with the smell of "additive" coming out but goes when engine warms up. Am I right in thinking it will eventualy burnout? Thanks for the reply..much appreciated!

Sorry .forgot to add that the engine sounds"rattling" as if its the tappets/timing? (I dont know which!) when goin slow round corners ect and NEARLY goes away when doin' abou 30/40mph.. Sorry for bein a pest I'm only wanting my car to be ok and not back where I started.

Are you saying you put old engine oil back in?

The additive will run through eventually. Where exactly are you, maybe I should just look over this thing - its time it was put to bed.

The additive will run through eventually. Where exactly are you, maybe I should just look over this thing - its time it was put to bed.

No, sorry ,should have said "changed oil"! oil was changed before I took it to garage and also changed again by garage new fuel filter/oil filter and air filter fitted.Also new timing belt and ancillary belts.I am at present at home in rainy Oban-by-the-sea! a bit too far for even you, I think!! and for BK's COMMENT..no, it wisney sold fur scrap.......an' if anyone's goin' tae scrap it , it'l be ME not the effin mechanic! cheers for a quick reply!

No, sorry ,should have said "changed oil"! oil was changed before I took it to garage and also changed again by garage new fuel filter/oil filter and air filter fitted.Also new timing belt and ancillary belts.I am at present at home in rainy Oban-by-the-sea! a bit too far for even you, I think!! and for BK's COMMENT..no, it wisney sold fur scrap.......an' if anyone's goin' tae scrap it , it'l be ME not the effin mechanic! cheers for a quick reply!

BK sold his own cat for scrap and sold next door's poodle becuase it was yapping.

OK, maybe we'll keep up the cyber mending for now.

Putting any additives in oil or fuel gives me the creeps but I'm not saying some don't show some benefits - I won't be doing it. Has it only made this noise since adding this stuff?

BK sold his own cat for scrap and sold next door's poodle becuase it was yapping.

OK, maybe we'll keep up the cyber mending for now.

Putting any additives in oil or fuel gives me the creeps but I'm not saying some don't show some benefits - I won't be doing it. Has it only made this noise since adding this stuff?

,to be honest its not really any different than u would normaly get with a deisel but just seems to go on longer than u would expect ie:after the engine has reached normal temperature.or am I just being paranoid?.(maybe I'm gettin' to close to the big 60!)

(maybe I'm gettin' to close to the big 60!)

You and me both.

They do clatter a bit. Have you compared it to another similar model?

(maybe I'm gettin' to close to the big 60!)

You and me both.

They do clatter a bit. Have you compared it to another similar model?

No I haven't compared it to another model. maybe Iv been away from it for to long!(the car!). Anyway, as u say Anch . time to lay this demon to rest. New(ish) car, new fulltime job new beginning :yahoo:

Thanks for all the comments and help u have all given :thumbsup:

All the best :thumbsup:

SORRY 'bout the late reply, just finnished work (nightshift...haven't done this for nearly 30yrs!)

gonna hav a wee beer an then kip. "Ah'll b bak sometime no doubt with more problems (small ones I hope)

Its good to know there's friendly diy mechanics out there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links