Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Saving On Service Costs

S_J_P

Any ideas/advice on trimming the first 10k service costs?

Removing the oil top-up kit, fuel conditioner, and flush has reduced the cost by £41.22, but what else is "optional"?

perhaps go somewhere else for a service?

or do the service yourself?

I happen to like Mr.T, especially when you consider vehicle resale prices B)

Third party costs aren't that dissimilar either (Servicepoint quoted around £120), I was just wondering how much I could trim Toyota's price without compromising on service quality.

My first Aygo service in '08 was a measly £90, now the first service book price has risen to £162.49, I can't imaging that the newer Aygo's require getting on for double the labour/materials :blink:

Removing the oil top-up kit, fuel conditioner, and flush has reduced the cost by £41.22, but what else is "optional"?

Supply your own oil, the cost of oil is one of the major costs

Kingo :thumbsup:

Great idea! Halords have Magnetec 5W30 on sale at the moment, £17.50 for 4 litres :yahoo:

A quick Question....

Halfords suggest SM grade (A1) oil, but the service documents on this site state SL (A3) grade energy-saving oil, which should I go for (it's a '10 Aygo on a 60 plate)

Will dealer garages let you do that??

I thought they wouldn't touch anything unless it was a Toyota-approved...?

Will dealer garages let you do that??

I thought they wouldn't touch anything unless it was a Toyota-approved...?

Yes. We get a number of customers wanting to put in a higher spec oil than is required, lets say Mobil 1, and they usually supply it themselves. We would have no issue with that. it is a different story if somebody turned up with a gallon of Duckhams 20/50 they found in the shed from 1972 :D:

Some Toyota dealers do fixed price service deals once a car is out of warrenty, i would normally service my daughter Aygo myself( as an ex-mechanic ) but the dealer quoted £100 for a small service and a stamp in the book, seems fair and better for the cars resale at a later date.

Some Toyota dealers do fixed price service deals once a car is out of warrenty, i would normally service my daughter Aygo myself( as an ex-mechanic ) but the dealer quoted £100 for a small service and a stamp in the book, seems fair and better for the cars resale at a later date.

We found this with our four year old Mazda 2 back in August. The 'Mazda' service was £ 248 plus full priced MOT. The Mazda dealer's premium service was slightly more comprehensive, and together with a £ 15 MOT came to £ 250. The digital service record was also completed - and shows a full Mazda service history.

• 2 weeks later...

Service completed for £82 to Mr.T B)

£17.50 spent on the oil, so £99.50 overall vs. £162 first quote thanks to some great advice :thumbsup:

The garage did check the oil grade was correct, but were happy with the Magnatec 5W30 A3 I supplied

we do a small service @£65.00 and a service and mot @ £99.50 all oe parts and oil inc...(main toyota dealer)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links