Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina 2 Vacuum Pipe

dads carina 2

HI,NEW TO THIS FORUM, CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH INFO OR PICTURES PLEASE, MY DADS HAS A 1990 CARINA 2 MODEL AT171R,IT HAS STARTED TO CUT OUT ON IDLE AND ON INSPECTION AT THE REAR OF THE CARB THERE IS A PLATE WITH SEVERAL RUBBER VACUUM PIPES COMING OF IT,ONE OF WHICH IS CAPPED OFF ON THE END, BUT THE METAL PIPE FACING TOWARDS THE ALTERATOR HAS NEITHER A RUBBER PIPE ON OR BLOCKED OFF WITH A CAP,BUT IT IS SUCKING AIR AND WHEN I PUT MY FINGER ON END THE ENGINE IDLES OK,I CANT SEE ANY SPARE PIPE HANGING DOWN SO WONDERED IF A BLANKING CAP HAS FALLEN OFF,ANY INFO YOU BE GREATLY RECEIVED,THANKS,IVOR

If this car is fitted with a vacuum advance pipe going to your distriutor and you have checked that out as OK then it could well be that the outlet pipe you mentioned did have a blanking plug and the rubber has deteriated to the point of falling off! Sounds to me if yer replug it will be just fine!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links