Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This Must Be A First!

mike n helen

Hi all,

I just joined the forum a couple of weeks ago having bought my iQ to use a winter run around. They're great cars and fun to drive, better than the smart cars I've had in the past!! This is my 43rd car, and just about every other time I've bought a car, and I like to try and buy something different, I always start seeing lots of what I have just bought. However, since buying the iQ I've not seen another one on the road, this must be a first. Does anybody know how many are on the road in the UK? Just how exclusive are these things??

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to the iQ forum. I haven't been a member long, as I have only owned our iQ (my wife and I that is) since the end of September this year. So far, I have seen three, or maybe five - as some were the same colour so could be the same car seen more than once- in the area I live, South Shropshire. I think they are quite rare around here because it took us ages to find an iQ at the price we could afford -a 59 plate one- and ended up getting it over the Internet from a dealer in Canterbury.

I expect that in cities and some other far afield areas you may well see at least one a day. I have no idea how many are on the road, but I would say less of them than the Smart car. I think most of us on here, unbiased as we are :yes: , would be bound to tell you that the iQ is the best kept little car secret. It's a real gem of a car, a bit like the Tardis in that it appears bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. It's also classy in a Toyota sort of way. It has some problems as all cars do, as they don't suit all taste's, and not everyhting in the car is great. But, if your's is a new model then you will see when looking inside an older one some good changes.

As for exclusivity, they are becoming more popular as our friends and others realise they are such a great little car for the money, especially for people downsizing from more luxury cars.

There is a website which uses information from DVLA records to show how many vehicles of any particular model are registered or even SORN'd

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Toyota+IQ

The iQ is not that rare!

There is a website which uses information from DVLA records to show how many vehicles of any particular model are registered or even SORN'd

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Toyota+IQ

The iQ is not that rare!

Is So! :wacko::eek:

With 14096 registered examples on UK roads up to 3rd quarter 2011 it really is not that rare......The IQ is a popular car that tends to hold its price well

The new Toyota Verso S is a much rarer sight on UK roads with only 1177 examples registered

The sales figures in the past year was better for the iQ than the iQs new on the street in Germany.

We have "only" 14954 iQ including the diesel version. :huh:

Ai... then in Holland...

Let me look... aha.... in total about 2.568 iQ until this moment...

14,000 cars is not that many in my opinion and explains why I haven't seen many around. I work for a company which manufacture parts for the car industry and on one platform alone we produce 20,000 to 25,000 units per week :eek: I've also been to two local Toyota dealers recently and neither of them had new ones in the show room, all seems very strange to me when people keep talking about the running costs of cars that I don't see more of them around.

Anyway not to worry, on the way to the pub tonight (walking of course) I evantually saw another one, I'm happy now :yahoo:

Mike

Well I usually see at least one a day! (And no it's not the same one! :lol:)

's funny tho'... never really noticed Yarissesuses until I bought one, and now I see them everywhere!! :eek::lol:

I live in central Portugal and have not seen another iQ, in fact it attracts more attention than rarer cars that I have owned and I understood from the Toyota dealer that it is one of only four Multidrive models in the country. The Portuguese do not like auto's because they are more expensive and not 'macho', so much so that in my local Mercedes dealership even the most expensive models on display are manual.

There are approximatley 31,000,000 cars in the UK, so 14,000 IQ' is 0.045% so reasonably rare :lol:

Verso-S (Whats one of them Red :P ) 0.0038%

I see a fair few around London. :) Must just be the northern effect. :P

Fish

The media spiel about re-calls said that in the UK it involved 12,000 vehicles produced between 2008-2010.

seems strange that Sept 2010 till now there are only 2000 more iQ's in the UK.

(allowing for a few write offs etc)

The 'How many site' is so out when you look at what they say concerning some British Classics,

there are some quite common vehicles that it says only a few are registered, SORN's, Taxed,

and yet the Clubs and Rallies have hundreds of the very same vehicles turn up at their events and on their Registers.

george

unfortunately, Haringey Council are now using IQs, in replacement for Smarts, to carry out surveillance duties around the Borough, and so have cameras, and all sorts of Big Brother equipment mounted on (or through) their roofs.........the council have money for this, but not for potholes or libraries...the IQs must be more £££ than the Smarts, but nothing is too good or comfy for these vital 'operatives', always "working for a better Haringey"

the Toy dealer "Twinspark" in West Hampstead have the task of servicing these cars, and I have suggested a spoonful of sugar in the fuel tanks, might help the happiness go around........they are a great dealership, being Authorised, but virtually a One Man Band up a quiet lane

a great Xmas to everybody, and an uneventful motoring one

barryc

Westminster also use them as traffic control (parking scum), I think Tower Hamlets also use them.

Fish

Well that's just great isn't it! Doing that to the iQ is like someone building the most horrid looking construction ever built right next door to your house. Therefore, lowering the price of your property. In this case lowering the tone of everyone elses iQ. How very dare they! The dirty, iQ council surveilance converting b*sterds (I know it should be spelt with an 'a,' but then it might get thrown out)!

There are approximatley 31,000,000 cars in the UK, so 14,000 IQ' is 0.045% so reasonably rare :lol:

Verso-S (Whats one of them Red :P ) 0.0038%

The Verso S is a mini MPV built in Japan and shares the same floor plan/mechanicals as the new Yaris

http://www.carhigher.com/2012-toyota-verso-s.htm/

Toyota GB do not appear to be pushing the sales of it too much but it is selling well throughout Europe and is often purchased by people wanting a car just a bit larger inside than the Yaris

Indeed quite rare in the UK

From the link "Toyota is the new B-MPV less than 4 feet long." They obviously mean metres! Very easy to park though at under 4 feet.

Although, over there < I write "no thanks" I did consider a Verso S and looked at one in a dealers last week. That's as far as it went because of two things - with the driver's seat at the right height for me it was too close to the pedals and the interior is as cheap and nasty as the Mk 2 Yaris! From the link "perceived quality" sums it up nicely. A good analogy would be to see a ring which looks like solid gold and has the biggest and sparkliest diamond and be suitably impressed. Then on closer inspection find it is gold coloured base metal and glass!

The Mk 2 Yaris, in my opinion, has a far better driving position and more comfortable seat.

I own a Urban cruiser 1.4D4d and it amazes me to find that the petrol version outsells the diesel version 2;1.(not many sold though). What I can never understand is Toyota GB,s reluctance to import the diesel versions of both the Iq and the Verso S, surely they would be on a winner with both these models.

I noticed recently that Renault are culling certain models in their UK line-up (Modus, Laguna Grand Modus) because of lack of sales, surely Toyota must be thinking the same about certain models in their Uk line-up.

Regards Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links