Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise From Catalytic Converter

tonyc1995

I have a 25000 09 t3 auris, and for the last couple of weeks i've had a rattling noise coming from underneath the car. Today i managed to get the car up on a ramp at a local tyre centre and the guy showed me the catalytic converter that was making this noise, he then put his hand on it and it stopped. He said all the brackets look fine and that it seemed the noise was coming from inside the catalytic converter. Told me the best thing to do was get it back to toyota especially with the manufacturers warranty still valid till march 2012. All i'd like to ask is this something anyone here has heard of and if its the cat is it covered by the warranty

I have a 25000 09 t3 auris, and for the last couple of weeks i've had a rattling noise coming from underneath the car. Today i managed to get the car up on a ramp at a local tyre centre and the guy showed me the catalytic converter that was making this noise, he then put his hand on it and it stopped. He said all the brackets look fine and that it seemed the noise was coming from inside the catalytic converter. Told me the best thing to do was get it back to toyota especially with the manufacturers warranty still valid till march 2012. All i'd like to ask is this something anyone here has heard of and if its the cat is it covered by the warranty

I've not heard of this tbh. And yes the cat should be covered under the warranty :thumbsup:

I have heards loads of CAT's rattle. It is usually caused the internal core coming adrift or breaking up.

Whether it's covered under warranty only Mr T can say.

Some manufacturers take the view the CAT is a consumable item but it shouldn't rattle after such a short mileage.

Take it to your local dealer and complain and if you have no satisfaction contact Toyota UK.

if it was rattling from the inside putting your hand on it wouldnt stop it..

but you will prob find its not the cat but the springs on the exhaust bolts see this a lot

Thank-you all for the replies. I have the car booked in tomorrow morning and i'll keep you posted on the outcome

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links