Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Fiddled With It, And Now It Will Not Start!

jaytee25

Hi Y'all, my '04 RAV4 D4d has a problem where the speedo falls to zero when 'high beam' is selected. Suspecting corrosion somewhere in the wiring system, connection plugs, fuse/relay boxes etc I poked around in the electrics taking out fuses and relays and opening up some plug connections looking for said corrosion. No I didn't find any, and when I came to start it again it would not start. So the question of course is what in my ignorance have I done. The immobiliser security red light goes out when the key is put in the ingition, the glow plug indicator comes on and goes off as usual, which would suggest to me the immobiliser bit is OK and the glow plug bit is OK. I've checked all the fuses and they seem to be OK, so what have I done. And no this is not a trick question!! Can somebody out there offer any clues. Also, thinking I may have inadvertently opened up a relay or something which allowed the fuel pressure to escape I tried to reprime the fuel filter. The button on the top doesn't seem to become solid, but remains at the same 'stiffness' all the time. How many times do you have to press the little beggar to know the pump is primed?? Now if I can get this fine machine going again, I think I will live with the speedo problem!! Does that make sense?? Thanks in anticipation, jt.

Have you tried kicking the wheel?

The problem is... Which 1 to kick 1st :ermm::football::fireman2::fireman:

Very funny boys and yes I did laugh ' cause I've done that, and kicked the cat too, but you know it still will not start. The car that is, the cat's gone next door to live. TVM

I bet you wished you had`nt fiddled now!! :blush:

Mrs Mena saw me fiddling with it the other night! And told me..............Thats it Boyo :D

I would say the speedo is nothing to do with the non start. Make sure you have pushed all the relays in tight and that you have not damaged any while removing them. It is a long shot but try removing the bat neg lead for a couple of mins and try again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links