Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing The Drivers Seat

CharlieFarlie

James thanks for that ! It seems I am not alone.. The cost of rebuilding a T180 seat with its electric components is just not an option.. I can live with the other squeaks and rattles that come with a Toyota but the creak is in the seat and I can feel it as well ..

I cannot put into words how much this is irritating Me now...

This post from Your thread on Rav world best sums up what I have...

I have edited out all the bits that aren't applicable to My car...

The creaking is coming from under the seat. This is getting really frustrating because it only really creaks when driving, when the vehicle is moving I can sit on the seat and bounce around and it barely creaks at all, I'm guessing that the body is flexing when driving, causing the seat track/frame to also flex. The interior parts seem to settle overnight, so at first the creaking isn't too bad, but after 20 minutes of driving it's terrible. I have to say, I expected better from Toyota, a vehicle having this many different parts creaking this badly is ridiculous. I just have to keep myself from going insane for the next 3 years... user_offline.gifreport.gif quote.gif

Charlie, what about fitting a rubber or plastic washer of some kind between the seat mounts and the floor?

Just take out each bolt, slide said washer in between and replace the bolt. That would insulate the seat frame from the floor.

Not the sort of thing one would expect to need to be doing but hey, got to be worth a try.

I did that David.. I have some sticky backed soft foam strip and I cut sections around the bolt holes. This morning I again removed the seat and cut off the locating pins that were the subject of the TSB that Paul kindly supplied..

seat002.jpg

seat003.jpg

I spent another couple of hours this morning stripping it all out again and methodically lubing or greasing ever single part of the mechanisms springs spring hangers and clips ect ect and still its the same....

I have tried everything I can think of and now have to admit defeat.. Not something I do often. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Are you sure the creaking is coming from the seat? I have a vague memory [most of my memories are...........] of early 4.3 owners complaining of creaking and it was traced to cracked spot welds in the 'B' pillar area. I think it was mostly in the US though. Maybe James can throw some light on that one.

EDIT

It's in post #10 of this thread Charlie http://www.toyotanat...av4-rattle.html

It was you menitioning that it seemed to be coming from the floor area that reminded me.

Are you sure the creaking is coming from the seat? I have a vague memory [most of my memories are...........] of early 4.3 owners complaining of creaking and it was traced to cracked spot welds in the 'B' pillar area. I think it was mostly in the US though. Maybe James can throw some light on that one. EDIT It's in post #10 of this thread Charlie http://www.toyotanat...av4-rattle.html It was you menitioning that it seemed to be coming from the floor area that reminded me.

David it is definitely from the seat I can actually feel it-through My left buttock.. It could be the seat base like James one . I meant to take a picture of the seat while it was upside down in the garage to show how complex the assembly is.. £1100 for a seat is out of the question. I believe that all the motors and workings have to be transferred over from the old seat to the new anyway...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links