Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Light Bulb Type Or Model Number

moonknight

Back Off Topic, sorry...

Is there a general Toyota meeting somewhere in the country? Like a great big Toyota get together? I used to have a Vauxhall Cavalier 2000 GSi in the 90's -for 8 years- and we used to have a Vauxhall Performace Car Club (VPCC) meet, as well as joining other meets -as a group- at multi car and classic car shows. Up North, near Knutsford (not far off M6 J18) a place called Tatton Park hold big car meets, a few times a year.

Classic & Performance Car Spectacular - From 2 June 2012 to 4 June 2012

The 25th year for one of Britain's best and most popular classic car events. Around 2,000 classic, vintage and performance cars are on show and around 80 of Britain's top club displays including Jaguar, Lotus,Mercedes Benz and a special Italian car club feature. Massive 2-day Cheshire autojumble with classic car-mart. General trade stands, children's rides and refreshments. For more information visit www.cheshireautopromotions.co.uk or call Cheshire Auto Promotions on 01565 723 863.

http://events.tatton...743648000000000

Thing is, you have to park on the grass, bumpy, for you'se with lowered cars. Obviously, there are other places... Having looked at the 'Meetings' area, it appears there is isn't much on for this year, aside from regional stuff. Tretham Gardens in Stoke too is another good place to meet. That is where all the Big VPCC meets were. Anyway's, we'll see I guess what comes of this.

I know of a few motor events but none for Toyota in particular..there's a few up here in the North east such as annual JDM drift shows in s'land..there's a super car show coming up soon in corbridge too. But how cool would an iQ specific one be :P since there's quite a fair number of modded iQ's on this forum. And David can make a couple pennies from his super brainy light electricity knowledge

Jordan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• moonknight

• JordaniQ

• DFish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I'm going to go back on topic for a second lol, I found these on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIAA-H-225-XTREME-WHITE-BULBS-HID-LOOK-WY21W-FITMENT-/170772233672?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c2d17dc8

Will these fit as well? Are these illegal?

Oh btw moonknight I suggest you eBay LED canbus w5w's if you're using them for sidelights. They're about 6000-7000k rating, matches with my 8000k HID's perfectly

Jordan

Ok I'm going to go back on topic for a second lol, I found these on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c2d17dc8

Will these fit as well? Are these illegal?

For what? Sidelights? As for legality..should be fine as long as its not like that blue colour police cars use. They're white so should be fine.

Jordan

Im guessing the headlights, right? You guys told me to look for WY21W lights. So just to clear things up, WY21W is for the headlights and the backlights, right?

Oh..headlights..no idea. I'm running 9006's which fit. Apparently the bulbs for the iQ are quite rare. Someone with more experience will comment sooner or later, sorry for spam!

Jordan

I'm confused now, if the WY12W doesn't fit the front.. then what is the WY12W for? Just to clarify, I want to switch the orange signal lightbulbs at the front and at the rear.

WY21W's are also known as '585' type bulbs. Take a look on http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ and select the iQ in the drop down list. It gives you all the bulb types used. :)

***Edited bit ***

Found these... http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/xtec-auto-bulbs/xtec-chrome-bulbs/xtec-wy21w-t20-7440-chrome-amber-indicator-wedge-bulbs-p-471.html

Fish

The confusion arose because you were talking about indicator bulbs and wanting them silver. So the philips ones were suggested and i showed a couple of pics of mine.Then you switched to the ones you found which are not indicator. bulbs.The main bulbs are HB2 bulbs

David

The Philips one that was recommended is WY21W. The one I linked to on eBay was also WY21W. Or at least that's what it says in the title and description.. So... WY21W is for indicators, right?

Ok I was fed duff info

Original lights

Headlamp HR2

Sidelight 501(various styles)

Indicator Halfords 585 also known as a 7440 but check the colour

Modified Silver Indicator Silvatec 582 T20 Available on eBay , Amazon. Mine are Silvatec. Do a search on eBay for Silvatec 582 £6.95 for a pair.

Sorry for the confusion

David

To be fair David, a fair few companies on the internet list wrong headlights for the iQ.

Jordan

Ok I was fed duff info

Original lights

Headlamp HR2

Sidelight 501(various styles)

Indicator Halfords 585 also known as a 7440 but check the colour

Modified Silver Indicator Silvatec 582 T20 Available on ebay , Amazon. Mine are Silvatec. Do a search on ebay for Silvatec 582 £6.95 for a pair.

Sorry for the confusion

David

Hey guys, I'm even more confused now.. I just want to get rid of the orange lightbulb.. What are all those model numbers you listed above?? You listed a few for indicators, Silvatec 582 T20, Halfords 585, and the previous mentioned WY21W. Let's just keep it simple, which do I need to replace the orange signal lights at the front and the rear?

Ok will talk about the indicators only.

Halfords dont do the ones your after. They have ones they call 585 which are the original orange ones. So forget them. They were included in the post so people can replace theirs from Halfords if they want to.

The silver ones you want are made by silvatec. The base style where the wire pins are is called a T20 and silvatec call them 582. Simply go on eBay and search for silvatec 582 T20 and you will see loads of them £6.95 for 2 or even less depends if they are from china and you have to wait or held locally in UK

David

Ok will talk about the indicators only.

Halfords dont do the ones your after. They have ones they call 585 which are the original orange ones. So forget them. They were included in the post so people can replace theirs from halfords if they want to.

The silver ones you want are made by silvatec. The base style where the wire pins are is called a T20 and silvatec call them 582. Simply go on ebay and search for silvatec 582 T20 and you will see loads of them £6.95 for 2 or even less depends if they are from china and you have to wait or held locally in UK

David

What about the Philips Silver Vision WY21W you mentioned earlier and took a picture of?

Turns out. They wasnt the philips one's. It was a long time ago and although philips do the silver vision we, ( a group of us) couldnt find one's with a T20 base. Mine are the Silvatec one's

Update I have found these and they have the same number you had even more confusing.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/wattsu/item/philips-sv-wy21wt20/

David

Turns out. They wasnt the philips one's. It was a long time ago and although philips do the silver vision we, ( a group of us) couldnt find one's with a T20 base. Mine are the Silvatec one's

David

So the lightbulb in the picture you showed me is the Silvatech one? So anything with a T20 base can replace the orange lightbulbs, right?

Just done some searches it seems each company has their version of the base config. WY21W, T20,3157, 47440 etc.

Type in eBay WY21W and you will see various ones with that base. You have to look at the description to see its the chrome one's you want. On the first page there are some PIAA one's rather expensive at £27. Have a look and come back to me

David

Just thinking of doing this on my car, Should I do the rear ones too?

I looked at the front lights today and the bulbs are clearly visible in the light fitting but are the rear ones so obvious?

I could nip out and take a look but it's cold...... :)

Cheers

Craig.

Craig.... man up. :P

If you're going to do the fronts you really should be doing the rear as well.

Fish

Just done some searches it seems each company has their version of the base config. WY21W, T20,3157, 47440 etc.

Type in ebay WY21W and you will see various ones with that base. You have to look at the description to see its the chrome one's you want. On the first page there are some PIAA one's rather expensive at £27. Have a look and come back to me

David

Ok so wait, WY21W, T20,3157, 47440.. all mean the same thing..?? So that means the PIAA lightbulb I posted earlier was the right one??

Cheers, It really is cold out there, :)

I'll order up 4 bulbs then.

Thanks

Craig.

Craig, which one are you going to buy?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links