Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Light Bulb Type Or Model Number

moonknight

The PIAA ones you put a link to earlier were blue in colour and were extreme white

This was the link you posted http://www.ebay.com/...c8&afsrc=1

David

Oh yeah, you're right.. they don't flash amber. But how about my other question: Does WY21W, T20,3157, 47440 all mean the same thing?

Hi Kevin

I've ordered 2 sets of these so 4 bulbs in total. Hope their the right ones. :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=150512894718

Craig.

Cool, will you be posting up pics when you receive and install them?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• moonknight

• JordaniQ

• DFish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as they fit I will. If they don't fit I'll be keeping quiet about it! :)

If they arrive before the weekend I'll have a go at fitting them then.

Craig.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind a fried egg or two? All other car forums people de-yolk their cars as first mod :S

J

No it doesn't worry me either, but I do like LED replacements in the same colour.

The front headlights are not the brightest. What can be done about those? Without too much searching on this forum.

Marc

Craig, The silvatec are the same one's I am using. Kevin, yes all the same. Thats why after a search using any one of those numbers you have to look at the bulb to see if the glass part is the one you want i.e. clear, amber. silver top etc.

Marc some people have changed the headlight bulb with a standard one. They have had to cut a lug off to make it fit. I have not seen the difference it has made for them but the glass enclosure of a standard bulb tends to be a straight tube, the MR T originals, are shaped like a projector bulb. Remember it does 2 jobs. Its the dipped been and the high beam,but with only one filament. It seems to have different voltages sent to it for the two tasks. Also if after removing it you look inside where it came out from ,you can see various polished surfaces to direct the light to do the 2 jobs. I would have thought MR T's version is that shape for a reason. Also the normal bulb may be longer and be touching something or close to something that could eventually melt or distort.

David

post-109788-0-67518300-1328869317_thumb.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind a fried egg or two? All other car forums people de-yolk their cars as first mod :S

J

No it doesn't worry me either, but I do like LED replacements in the same colour.

The front headlights are not the brightest. What can be done about those? Without too much searching on this forum.

Marc

I had the same problem. I just went down the HID route with matching LED sidelights. I'll find the link for you if you want, they're only £50-cheaper than the standard bulbs so I thought may as well

Only downside is when the lights are on and you use Eco mode, when you re-engage the engine the lights go off and on for less than a second, but still enough to notice. To bypass that I just don't use Eco mode at night

Jordan

Jordan, The lights going on and off for a second, Are you talking about stop start technology on the iQ3

Info on the HID's you bought would be nice

David

Jordan, The lights going on and off for a second, Are you talking about stop start technology on the iQ3

David

Yep

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370257540922#ht_2732wt_1141&clk_rvr_id=314648625781&afsrc=1

J

Hi Jordan,

what colour temperature did you choose? where do you enter the details?, or is the 9006 chosen as default . Also did you have to do a (lug/tab) cutting job on it

David

Hi Jordan,

what colour temperature did you choose? where do you enter the details?, or is the 9006 chosen as default . Also did you have to do a (lug/tab) cutting job on it

David

I got the 8000k which is a light blue colour. 6000k is pure white. 9006 is the one i bought; they fit perfectly into the slots without fliiing or anything. http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121329 Just got them from that thread. He did a massive bumper off job when really its just a case of swapping over the bulbs and finding a place to mount the ballasts..

You enter what you want when you pay and then theres a box you can select to leave a message to the seller. I just wrote '9006 8000k'

Jordan

Please note that fitting aftermarket HID kits to your car will be an instant MOT failure.

You need automatic levelling and washing systems for them to be legal.

Craig.

Please note that fitting aftermarket HID kits to your car will be an instant MOT failure.

You need automatic levelling and washing systems for them to be legal.

Craig.

It's not hard to change bulbs for one day..unless you're a policeman. In that case i don't run HID's :D

To be fair i drive past a police station every day to uni and plenty police cars. None notice cos they look standard in the projectors

J

OK, So long as you know :)

I think it's one of the additions to the MOT starting next month like checking the tow sockets work and checking there are no warning lights on the dash.

Ohhh, Got my silver coloured indicator bulbs this morning, look good and I'll have a bash at fitting them over the weekend.

Craig.

Modern cars have all sorts of improvements and as long it looks in keeping with the car. The police have no idea. As long as your not driving bad and need a tug and your not on tje list of no tax , insurance MOT etc your fine. Remember one week they are doing seat belts another week mobile phones another week orange cars. I was radio engineer with the Met for 4 yrs.

Jordan does it come with a lead in to the ballast unit that matches the iQ's headlight socket so you can switch back if needed quickly?

David

Modern cars have all sorts of improvements and as long it looks in keeping with the car. The police have no idea. As long as your not driving bad and need a tug and your not on tje list of no tax , insurance MOT etc your fine. Remember one week they are doing seat belts another week mobile phones another week orange cars. I was radio engineer with the Met for 4 yrs.

Jordan does it come with a lead in to the ballast unit that matches the iQ's headlight socket so you can switch back if needed quickly?

David

I don't understand the question haha

J

Jord, the HID's you bought, when you take the plug off the original bulb will it plug directly onto the input of the ballads unit or lead to it? So if i needed to by pass it and plug the originals back in , it would be just, un-plug and plug up the original bulb

David

Jord, the HID's you bought, when you take the plug off the original bulb will it plug directly onto the input of the ballads unit or lead to it? So if i needed to by pass it and plug the originals back in , it would be just, un-plug and plug up the original bulb

David

Ah theres a wire that goes frmo the bulb to the ballasts

Jordan

David

Yes thanks David and Jordan. If HID's are easy to fit, I wouldn't mind some. As you know David, I'm a bathroom installer, not a mechanic, so want it as easy as possible to change anything.

Regards

Marc

Jord, i think you miss what i mean. Lets ask the question differently.

1. you un-plug the original bulb and remove it

2, You fit the new HID bulb and plug the lead from the ballast unit to it.

3, The other lead from the ballast unit connects to the original lead you took off the original bulb. The question is do those two leads clip together ok or do you have to cut and join them? My suggestion was that if they did then it would be easy to fit the original bulb back simply by un -clipping and taking out the ballast unit and HID bulb and re-fittin the original bulb and clipping on the original head light lead. I suppose the simple question is have you had to cut and join any leads

David

Jord, i think you miss what i mean. Lets ask the question differently.

1. you un-plug the original bulb and remove it

2, You fit the new HID bulb and plug the lead from the ballast unit to it.

3, The other lead from the ballast unit connects to the original lead you took off the original bulb. The question is do those two leads clip together ok or do you have to cut and join them? My suggestion was that if they did then it would be easy to fit the original bulb back simply by un -clipping and taking out the ballast unit and HID bulb and re-fittin the original bulb and clipping on the original head light lead. I suppose the simple question is have you had to cut and join any leads

David

Oh right no you dont have to cut anything, sorry

Jordan

Just to go back to the orange indicators for a mo, I've done it, Braved the cold and fitted them. It is literally a 5 minute job per bulb if that, very easy access to all bulbs which is a nice change, Had to take half a Ford KA apart once to get to one dodgy headlight bulb!

Pictures below, I think you can work out what ones are before and after. :)

bulbs are Silvatech BU582S T20 capless bulbs and I got them through eBay form a chap called car Modz, Delivered next day too. They appear a very nice silver colour when unlit and glow a very bright orange when turned on. Just what they should do really. :)

The original orange bulbs are on the right in the last picture and the new ones on the left. I also did the rear lights but didn't photograph them.

My first modification. :) :)

Craig.

post-116364-0-94955100-1328893876_thumb.

post-116364-0-01035000-1328893899_thumb.

post-116364-0-05413900-1328893917_thumb.

Just to go back to the orange indicators for a mo, I've done it, Braved the cold and fitted them. It is literally a 5 minute job per bulb if that, very easy access to all bulbs which is a nice change, Had to take half a Ford KA apart once to get to one dodgy headlight bulb!

Pictures below, I think you can work out what ones are before and after. :)

Bulbs are Silvatech BU582S T20 capless bulbs and I got them through ebay form a chap called car Modz, Delivered next day too. They appear a very nice silver colour when unlit and glow a very bright orange when turned on. Just what they should do really. :)

The original orange bulbs are on the right in the last picture and the new ones on the left. I also did the rear lights but didn't photograph them.

My first modification. :) :)

Craig.

How much did those cost you?

Jordan

According to his link,looks like £6.95 a pair free delivery. He is probably sitting by the fire to try and get warm.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links