Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Gauges

97paseo

Ok I've found some nice guages but they can only supply the vacuum & volts (I wanted air/fuel as well) in that style.

Basically does anyone know how hard it's going to be to install oil temp or oil pressure or water temp as the third gauge? :wacko:

Si you into your ICE? If so check out the range to Autometer guages the Colbalt ones inparticular as they do some very nice amp temp and other ICE related stuff :thumbsup:

Sy

never done it although i would have thought it was a case of fitting the sensor/sender into the designated place. pluggin that into the gauge and then maybe a 12v feed and a dash light activation feed???

job done?

I've only got a basic install - they sound cool though. The one's I'm after are Autogauge with indiglo:

69_1_b.JPG

4b_1_b.JPG

c7_1_b.JPG

What do you rekon?

Have a lookie at these mate:

:drool: Very nice!

So does anyone know what's involved in hooking up the oil temp or pressure one's?

oil pressure is easy enough ish u will need a sender unit to come off the standard sensor as there is not enuff space.

oil temps not that easy as there is not an existing sensor which u can tap into (so ive been told) u need to install one i personallly dont wanna put one in as a: cars not a 800bhp monster where it could come in handy and b: just dont see the point

ed

oil pressure is easy enough ish u will need a sender unit to come off the standard sensor as there is not enuff space.

I think you get all that stuff with them (see attachment) is that it in the pic?

Does it mean I just need to run a bunch of wires etc through to the engine or would I need tubes & stuff going through?

post-15-1081020189.jpg

thats the sender unit however that does not fit (needs more space) the pipe they used i on the top of my tongue ill speak to them on monday and find out. for oil pressure under the bonnet u will need to have the tube goin to the sender this has a wire goin to the gauge thru the firewall. in the car the best thing to get power to the gauge is off a switch (once again ill check this info or someone can corect me) u can also get the power for the display off there so when ure lights go on ur gauges light up

sorry its abit garbled just work for 29 hours a tad tired now

ed

sorry its abit garbled just work for 29 hours a tad tired now

ed

:eek: Blimey! Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

I get you on the power thing & illumination it's the mechanics of the sender etc in the engine that's got me worried! :ph34r:

Is it a bad idea to start messing around with the oil lines etc? :unsure:

i would do il pressure oil temp will be a pain in the rs .

te tube i was talkin about is a flexible copper one

or mix and match i have a pillar pod both sides on my car top has a digital gauge and the bottom is analogue and it works well

ed

i would do il pressure oil temp will be a pain in the rs .

Ok thanks for that. I was looking at the oil pressure gauge on a mates Golf today & it looked like a bit of a headache to do on the Seo.

Might have a look at having one as a digi gauge. Have you got the digital Air/Fuel guage you showed me originally? How hard are they to install?

the air fuel u need to take a feed off the lambda sensor an run the lead into the cabin not too hard if u can get it on a ramp oh and i have the af sensor

whats pm me ur email and ill send u a pic of the seras engine bay the i can talk u thru the oil pressure set up

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links