Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Sponsored Shcm Yet?

Davrav

Folks, have you sponsored SHCM for the 100 kilometre Swimathon yet?

Details at top of pinned section :thumbsup:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shcm

• Big Kev

• local hero

• Davrav

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep....all done....what a brave ENGLISHMAN.....sent him 3 bricks for his trunks, and suggested he START AT DEEP END, jump in, and hold his breath for 3 weeks....cost me a fiver, but worth it......

New Member.....Essex.

Putting the thread way up in the pinned section means fewer will see it ??????????

What a hero, getting wet all over.

Please do your bit for this most worthy of causes, folks.

Putting the thread way up in the pinned section means fewer will see it ??????????

I did wonder about that myself Charlie, but I'm not sure what is best. The alternative is to keep "bumping" the thread to the top of the "normal" thread list.

Unless there is some other magic that can be done with threads, but I don't know what is possible.

I suppose we could keep the pinned one and keep "bumping" this one now and again.

Right, I've set myself the goals of:

• Matching an "official" Swimathon distance at every session (i.e. 2.5km or 5km)

• The Aim of doing at least one 5km session every week.

• To complete 100km before the Swimathon Weekend at the end of April.

I'm trying to drum up support wherever I can and wherever I have contacts. Have to say, I'm staggered and touched by the support already.

Your support is very much appreciated and it doesn't matter how big or small your contribution is. Hey, I'll swim for 1p!

Thanks to those trying to stir people up to give. Please keep it up.

From some of the messages I've had, it only seems to reinforce that most people get affected by these illnesses in one way or another at some time.

Don't want so single any individual out, but my sympathy is with all those affected. I've witnessed enough of this kind of thing myself.

In some respects, I prefer to support local Hospices. As I understand it, Marie Curie is partly NHS funded and part charity, where very often the locals are charity only.

Ask your local hospice how much it cost them to provide care and you will probably be absolutely staggered.

However Marie Curie is national and they too have hospices, so I'm more than happy to try and do my bit for them.

Cheers :thumbsup:

captainslog.jpg

Andy,count me in, not got an amount yet but i will, :thumbsup:

PS hope your wearing earplugs, don't want that BRAIN diluting..

I can't quite hear all you are saying Stew due to this water in my ears, but I think I understand.

No problem, there's a long way to go yet :thumbsup:

(one of my cheeky *****er workmates, suggested he would hang on to the cash for a while, incase he needed it for my wake - and not the one made in the pool. It will cost him! :) ).

I can't quite hear all you are saying Stew due to this water in my ears, but I think I understand.

No problem, there's a long way to go yet :thumbsup:

(one of my cheeky *****er workmates, suggested he would hang on to the cash for a while, incase he needed it for my wake - and not the one made in the pool. It will cost him! :) ).

Don't you worry about yer wake, mate....ah know a guy works with BT....HE'LL RENT US A TELEPHONE BOX to have yer party.......

Newer Member...still in Essex.

Don't you worry about yer wake, mate....ah know a guy works with BT....HE'LL RENT US A TELEPHONE BOX to have yer party.......

Kev, I know a lot of room will be needed, but it's only the blue police boxes that have an almost infinite amount of space inside :P

Then again, perhaps you're right........ :crybaby: :crybaby:

Kev, I know a lot of room will be needed, but it's only the blue police boxes that have an almost infinite amount of space inside :P

I know you brain boxes will probably know, but i saw a program recently, I have never even thought about the word "WAKE" but apparently in the days of body snatchers the family used to do a vigil around the grave (stay aWAKE) as fresh bodies were very desirable for medical research, So i don't think we will need a wake for Andy as no one could be THAT desperate.. :nopity: :shutit: Stew

I know you brain boxes will probably know, but i saw a program recently, I have never even thought about the word "WAKE" but apparently in the days of body snatchers the family used to do a vigil around the grave (stay aWAKE) as fresh bodies were very desirable for medical research, So i don't think we will need a wake for Andy as no one could be THAT desperate.. :nopity: :shutit: Stew

Might be true, Stew, but it also goes back to the days of high levels of lead naturally appearing in drinking water, causing comotose sleep to be induced. A taut string was then tied between the supposedly deceased's fingers with a wee bell attached, and if they awoke and moved, the people around the coffin would WAKE to a bell ringing. Learned this in Ireland, so ABSOLUTELY must be true....

Imagine body snatchers' bonuses for delivering shcm's brain to a university....would deffo need a wheelbarra.....

Big Kev

B.............U............M .........................P.........................

I see a lot of names .......................................................................MISSING !!!!!!!!

Cmon you tight lot get the coin out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We lost our dad last October to Liver cancer.

He spent his last couple of days in a Marie Curie hospice where he was well looked after by the nurses there,so my donation has just been added.

Just added mine too. 100km :eek: thats some distance to swim! Good luck Shcm :thumbsup:

Just added mine too. 100km :eek: thats some distance to swim! Good luck Shcm :thumbsup:

Apparently Lorna if booking with a certain cruise liner company You can get free swimming lessons thrown in and Andy is the coach..... :eek:

Just added mine. The very best of luck SHCM. A very worthy cause.

clive.

Well first target has been broken folks so lets see if we can double it :thumbsup:

Start looking down the back of the sofa, or down by your handbrake :lol:

Well, I didn't know that Stew - Quite Interesting.

Oh, I'm sure somebody will still want my ripped, 6ft5 18 stone frame :rolleyes:, even when deceased and wrinkled like a prune from too much water exposure.

Big (See, you're not the only one Kev) shcm. :lol:

Might be true, Stew, but it also goes back to the days of high levels of lead naturally appearing in drinking water, causing comotose sleep to be induced. A taut string was then tied between the supposedly deceased's fingers with a wee bell attached, and if they awoke and moved, the people around the coffin would WAKE to a bell ringing. Learned this in Ireland, so ABSOLUTELY must be true....

QI - The educational properties of this forum are outstanding. Or is it "general ignorance"?

Apparently Lorna if booking with a certain cruise liner company You can get free swimming lessons thrown in and Andy is the coach..... :eek:

Yes, and with my pet Croc, get's you up to speed in no time. ;).

(Did you see "Swimming with Crocs" on Beeb2? Darwin award or what?)

Well first target has been broken folks so lets see if we can double it :thumbsup:

I'm completely gobsmacked. Wasn't sure where to set the target, but the first one gone already and so far I can see it is mostly down to TOC people. So those of you (you know who you are), give yourselves a big pat on the back and you derverve a bit of a "glow" inside.

(There's a long way/time yet, and others I know will be getting ear bending later)

Bit of a test tomorrow, I hope......................

FREE swimming lessons....? What happens if you're travelling in a party of 4...?

Mr. Carson's fault.....

FAE is usually "Field Application Engineer". Somebody that works in a field?

So, I think he's a scarecrow from Glasgow.

Or could it be a coloqealism ?? Spell checker could not cope with that one !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links