Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis, T3-X, 56 Plate Petrol

Chukwuka Wayemeru

Hi friends, I am in Birmingham to pick up an Avensis which I won by bidding on eBay.

It is a 56 plate 1.8 petrol T3-X hatchback, 1 owner from New, 95k miles, £2975.

I saw a service history, but I am not very sure if it is full or part and the seller 'isn't very good with cars'. He is a private guy who buys and sells for a bit of profit. He's told me that as far as he knows, he bought it from a careful owner and he isn't aware of anything scary.

Now I have test driven the car, all seems well, but as I am no mechanic and also dumb with cars, I need advice on what I should be wary of.

Cheers,

Pals

I'd say that if it looks ok, sounds ok and drives ok, and is as per the auction listing then the car is now yours as it would be at any other auction. You could hpi check it to make sure it's not a write off or under hp etc but that's about it unless it's being sold with some sort of guarantee.

As I see it, you have already won the car, so you have no choice but to go and collect it

If you know someone who is a mechanic let them have a look/drive

Or ultimately you could take it to a Toyota garage and have them give a once over and explain to them how you came about the car. Again if you have someone more knowledgeable with you that would be a benefit as they might try and rip you off, but that can happen at any garage

It would be good to get to grips on a bit of basic car care and maintenance. And I second Alan's advice above

And most of all enjoy your new car :) It will serve you well

it should also just be within the terms (7 years, 100k) for taking out a Toyota extended warranty should you choose to do so.

I don't think that there is any major problem known for that model.

Headlights may be poor unless previous owner has already fitted upgraded bulbs & the oem brakes are average than good but that's about it.

I hope it was HPI'd before the money exchange!!

Thanks guys for your wonderful replies.

The seller actually told me not to worry and that he has HPI cleared the car.

I will type the history on here for everyone to see and analyse.

Once again, thanks guys.

I would do my own hpi check, the seller could be telling porkies.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links