Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are These Fitted As Standard To The 4.2 Xt-R?

Scorpion-gb

Are the side bars and rear bars an optional extra or are they fitted as standard to the XT-R?

I've seen quite a few with side and rear steps but not so many with the bars / tubes. Would you have to declare them to your insurance company, or will they be covered as the XT-R was a special edition, I believe?

R3.jpg

R4.jpg

R5.jpg

No Mate not as standard.. They are off the options list and must be declared to the insurance company.. Crazy I know but We now get read a wee chapter and verse when re insuring our cars each Year. One of those questions is.. Is the car factory standard or has it any modifications made.... The fitting of A bars side steps ect ect even a tow bar has to be declared.. Even a set of aftermartket wheels has to be declared..

My car has the A bars and side steps which are the appearance pack in the catalogue along with a tow bar.. This was declared and If I remember right no extra premium was added..

But Yes You must declare them ...

My V5 actually says XT5 style as the model, so have not told insurance, as the style will probably cover the style pack?

Could be wrong though, was my XT5 sold as an style model?

Forgot to add, they did pay out 1k more than what I paid for it 2 years previous.

They just had it down as an XT5 I belive?

I see this as a grey area regarding body kits etc?

Some will pay some will not? Lottery again?

Are the side bars and rear bars an optional extra or are they fitted as standard to the XT-R?

I've seen quite a few with side and rear steps but not so many with the bars / tubes. Would you have to declare them to your insurance company, or will they be covered as the XT-R was a special edition, I believe?

What you have fitted there to your good looking RAV4 is what was called the "Chrome Collection", comprising of front Nudge Bar, Side Tubes, Rear Tube and Chrome Rear Light trims.

they were not a standard feature of the XT-R, but were available as a standard new vehicle order.

When I insured my 4.2 I declared that I had the "Chrome Collection" fitted and that it was a dealer-fit at time of new order and as with Charlie's experience, there was no premium increase. Definately worth declaring, not least as it does mean they get covered, of course.

Once again some excellent info there, gentlemen, thanks for your advice. I have cut and pasted the info into a file where I can find it come insurance renewal time.

Jim - word of possible advice ... that lower chrome trim on the nudge bar is only held on by a bit of sticky tape, and it gets quite a battering of road grime hitting it and working its way between trim and bar.

I noticed mine was looking very loose after it got to about 2 years old and was concerned about it coming off completely one day :(

Quick work with a drill in the top corners and a pop-rivet and 5 minutes later, that was going nowhere :thumbsup:

Same is true of the EndCaps of the side tubes - the rivets or self-tappers rust and just snap and the caps then are only held on by friction. I lost 2 that way and managed to get them replaced FOC by the dealer but after that, checked regularly each time I washed the RAV and found I had to re-secure each one on average once a year (used Pop-Rivets again)

More excellent advice, mate. Just been into my garage and had a quick look around, lo and behold one of the end caps on the side bars is making a bid for freedom! I'll give them all a more stringent inspection tomorrow and get the rivet gun ready!

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Hi Jim.

Good answers from members to your question.

Just happened to notice you managed to get a genuine rear spoiler fitted.

That nicely finishes the look I think!

You've a great RAV there.

Ady : )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links