Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pcv Valve Breather

AURISTR01

Anybody on here considered fitting a breather filter on the engine cam cover? As standard they have a tube going from cam cover to the inlet pipe which goes to the turbo which is not healthy as it causes the intake manifold to gunk up in time with reused gases.. I did this mod to a B18 Honda years ago the car breathed much better, but I never got to see if the oil catch can was full of waste as I sold it to a local and the car is still running healthy. As we want to extend the life of the turbo im curious to know has anybody applied this yet ??

Pcv pipe is goin to the inlet pipe so the fumes from the crank case get used and burnt in the cylinder just removing this pipe and fitting a filter can cause harmfull gases to enter the cockpit through the heater box .oil in turbocharged car will always end up in the intake as the turbo seals are designed to let some oil past them .this is the root cause of egr blockage in all modern diesel engines .along with fuel quality

What about diverting it from the camshaft cover to an oil catch can rather than the current intake pipe? Will that cause more harm than good

difficult shout as the suction on the intake is meant to draw the the pressurised gases from the crankcase (positive crankcase ventilation)and burn them introducin a catch tank into the system will only catch the oil mist contained in the gases but wont actually do anything with the gases unless its good vented tank plumbed into the intake but storing oil in a tank connected to the intake is danerous as if it the valve fails you run the risk of the engine using the oil as a fuel and revving up on its own

Interesting, have seen this mod on a few high performance turbo petrol cars so was curious to understand why? I guess there are more disadvantages in doing it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links