Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti-Syphon Filter

gwentphil

Hi all, I have 2004 2.0 D4D XT3 which I am about to part-ex and has half a tank of diesel that I don't really want to give to the dealer! Does it have an anti-syphon device and if so is there another method that I can use to retrieve some diesel.

Many thanks for any replies

Phil

can;t you just say to him you are handing over £40 of fuel and expect the value back in some form?

That is just so tight !!......................................... :D

That is just so tight !!......................................... :D

No wonder you are moving back south :D. Not mean enough ;)

When I got my car I said to the dealer If I were driving 300 miles to pick it up, I want enough in the tank to get home again :thumbsup:

The same question would apply if the car was going to be scrapped.

Getting a syphon tube down tyhe filler neck can be dificult on most cars nowadays - sometimes a bit of wriggling or twistiing of the pipe may help.

So how do the professionals or such as the breakdown services do it??

They disconnect the fuel line going into the fuel filter or fuel pump and using a hand primer and a container placed low down start syphoning.

The last time I had to drain a tank I disconnected the fuel line, routed it into a jerry can and jumped out the fuel pump relay. The fuel pump in the tank needed replacement but still had enough life in it to drain the tank completely!

You must be fae Piasley.....and even most Buddies wouldn't think about this one....cmon ffs! hahaha

You must be fae Piasley.....and even most Buddies wouldn't think about this one....cmon ffs! hahaha

And that from a Swedish guy !!!!! (SORTA...) Get a grip...!!!

Have ye checked the air filter too there might be some......nah....won't go there.

Big Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links