Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Power From A 2Ct Engine?

TaraGO

Hi guys, I have a 1991 Tarago/Townace with a 2ct engine which there seems to be bugger all info available regarding turbo modifications for. I'm posting here as I hear the same motor was available in some hiluxes (and even corollas).

The original ct12 turbo died so I replaced it with a garret t25 and fiddled with the pump settings to give a bit more fuel under boost. Problem is its still a slug, takes a few hundred rpm more to come on boost now, but does feel marginally more powerful on boost. Im only getting 5psi, 7psi if I really rev it. I do not believe its losing air anywhere and the head was rebuilt about 5000kms ago by prev owner.

Anyone have any experience with this motor?

Will a bigger exhaust help the turbo kick in earlier, and give more boost?

Or is this turbo just too big for this motor.

Im not even going to think of intercooling til I can get more boost pressure as it will require alot of pipework and only create more lag.

I know its never gonna be a speed machine but it would be nice to not lose speed up hills and keep up with traffic.

Cheers

even though you installed more capacity turbo -- it will not suit cos of an exhaust gas flow is preliminary designed/calculated thru the nozzle ring (belong to turbo) -- it is understood the rotor can not be sped up + an air flow reducing thru an air filter.

regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links