Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warnings In Amber

scotrav4

Amber check break system, check vsc system, check abs system all flashing one after the other, happened twice now once after decending down multi story carpark the other reversing out my drive, no other symptoms , switch off, switch on back to normal, I'm thinking sensors of sorts, any ideas, new pads n discs all round, 2 new tyres on front, worn on rear but not excessive, cheers mark

Amber check break system, check vsc system, check abs system all flashing one after the other, happened twice now once after decending down multi story carpark the other reversing out my drive, no other symptoms , switch off, switch on back to normal, I'm thinking sensors of sorts, any ideas, new pads n discs all round, 2 new tyres on front, worn on rear but not excessive, cheers mark

Have you checked the Hydraulic level!!

Some will scream "blocked EGR" at this one, but if you didn't get "Check Engine" with it, then not surprisingly it's probably brake/VSC system related.

Very often it can be attributed to the brake pedal switch.

If you're feeling brave, you can read out the DTC without having toyota kit. For a start, see here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119158

If you want to check for any codes and don't have a code reader, ah could meet you at That Harthill, where they filmed "Deliverance"....

Big Kev

I have had this twice. Once on a Saturday night coming back from getting a carry-out Kebab at about 8PM, and again, coming back from getting a carry-out chinese 6 days later at 8pm.

Now I don't know if the car brakes are allergic to takeaways, but the only thing I could think of I had done to the car before this was to install a bluetooth EODB reader a few days earlier and had that installed behind the drivers side kick panel below a large part of the wiring loom.

I disconnected the BT Reader and the fault has not occurred again. It may be a total co-incidence between the two, but I think it could be possible that the BT wireless transmissions are inducing some kind of cross-talk/interference in wires directly above that are maybe wires from ABS sensors?

So along similar lnes, have you fitted ANYTHING at all in the car recently? or repositioned something?

Could be a Wild Goose Chase or a Red Herring or other animal-related metaphors, but just a thought....

Kev: If it is not powertrain related, I very much doubt your reader will find anything, but worth a look I suppose to eliminate that one

Hoovie: Maybe possible. I've know CAN transceiver chips fallover during design validation EMC testing and although the BT TX power is tiny compared with what we throw @ ECUs, being close, the field strength could be quite high. I might expect far more warnings and DTCs though.

***Cough**** Cough*** new engine, get in quick before they run out.

Did i just say engine?.................................................................................................

Did i just say engine?.................................................................................................

You're obsessed mate.

You're obsessed mate.

First today it's insinuated that he resembles the colour of phlegm.......then comes on here "cough....cough..." Could it be TB....? Toyota Bulletinitis....? Only time will tell.....let's not badger him, or he may end up affecting the bovine population too.

Dr. Kev

I like jukeboxes. :yes:

If I had a jukebox, I'd put more than one track in it. :yes:

I have to agree with shcm. Mine did exactly the same after having the new engine fitted and i immediately thought, so much for new engine. Put it on the dealers machine and guess what. Brake light switch. Thats 8000 miles ago and touch wood, hasnt shown since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links