Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm So Pretty, So Pretty.... Just Blue Everywhere. :)

DFish

On one of the American sites they are talking about dial colours so I showed them mine, they now want a guide written. :(

Fish

HAHA - that'll teach you - Mind you I guess this place is all about helping each other out with advise and tips etc so it is to be expected (just glad my dials are already a nice amber/orange colour! LOL)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• DFish

• craggle

• PaulWorthing

On one of the American sites they are talking about dial colours so I showed them mine, they now want a guide written. :( Fish

Alzheimer's covers a multitude of excuses. I forgot how I did it... :eek:

Where's that like button. :)

Fish

I have forgotten as Well. Your on your own

David

Simple isn't it?

1) dismantle car

2) replace every orange LED you can see with an equivalent blue one

3) reassemble car.

Easy this guide writing. :D

Craig.

5. Take some pictures and send them to some idiot on the forum, that they can then try and copy what you have done. Only to find that half way they get stuck and need help.

Ha Ha. I do have a slight advantage 45yrs as a electronics engineer. You did good

David

Had these arrive this morning.

Fogs

Fogs_Small.jpg

Then some little side lights.

Leds_Small.jpg

Sidebyside_Small.jpg

Hopefully fitted this weekend.

Fish

So what are they in tje box with the orange tape? Are they your new fog lights

David

Ello again

Just got my automatic DRL turn on kit through the post and it looks pretty simple to wire up but was just wondering one thing....

Did you use the headlight circuit for the sensor wire or the sidelight circuit?

If I connect them to the headlight supply then the DRL's will also be on when just the side lights are on but go out with the headlights. Are there any rules saying when they need to go out?

Cheers

Craig.

David, yes nice new H11 fogs to be installed this weekend.

Craig, I'll try and get pictures of where the DRL module is wired into later for you.

Fish

Craig when the headlights come on the sidelights also come on. You need to connect the orange wire to the green wire in either of the side lights. If you peel off the black insulation tape around the short riibbed tubbing leading to the side light , the tubing has a slit in it so you can hook the green wire out and cut back a small bit of the insulation and solder the orange wire on. It then all goes back together looking un touched. Red and black go directly to the Battery

David

Cheers David

So if I connect them to the sidelight wire then they will go out if sidelights alone or headlights are on.

That is the way I was leaning to be honest and as I very rarely use just side lights on their own it should work fine from them. The automatic lights don't seem to use just sidelights either, they just go straight to headlights.

Cheers

Craig.

They will go off when the side lights go on.

Fish

Excellent, That is the correct way I think, On all the time but off as soon as you turn sidelights or headlights on. That's what I'll do then. :)

Thanks

Craig.

Hopefully not 'all the time' as otherwise that poor little Battery will be flatter than a pancake. ;)

Fish

Just a little note, I will be working with a vendor over here that is going to use my iQ as the template for custom gauge faces. He has done some awesome work in the past on other vehicles and I expect great things for the iQ. I'll let you know when we have a pattern set up.

Do you have a link to this guy's work at all? Can we see any he has done already? Am I being impatient? Is he there yet? Sorry dude. I instantly got some ideas in my head about what I would like to see, like an outline drawing of the iQ with a contrasting background for the speedo area. So, black background, white outline of iQ, and you can work out more I'm sure? Sound's very promising. It's so good of you to allow these people to do stuff to your iQ Taz. ;)

Had these arrive this morning.

Fogs, Then some little side lights.

Hopefully fitted this weekend.

Fish

They look unreal to me. How do they produce light if there's no glass, no reaction... Uggghh, feeling faint, me 'ead 'urts.

Bounce off the reflector like the side lights. Now go take an anadin. ;)

Fish

Do you have a link to this guy's work at all? Can we see any he has done already? Am I being impatient? Is he there yet? Sorry dude. I instantly got some ideas in my head about what I would like to see, like an outline drawing of the iQ with a contrasting background for the speedo area. So, black background, white outline of iQ, and you can work out more I'm sure? Sound's very promising. It's so good of you to allow these people to do stuff to your iQ Taz. ;)

http://store.ledmod.com/

Check out the gauge faces there. =)

http://store.ledmod.com/

Check out the gauge faces there. =)

Wow! I like the way he has some of them with gauge lights changing colour when they hit a 'rev-limit.' He/they does/do some good stuff. I guess you have something in mind already?

Bounce off the reflector like the side lights. Now go take an anadin. ;)

Fish

Done, and better now thanks, for the explanation 's-cool. B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links