Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Dim Mirror Question

Davrav

Having tinted windows in my RAV from new meant that I wasn't initially bothered by undue rear dazzle at night but, with the proliferation of various high intensity headlights now, this has started to irk me. As my RAV wasn't born with an Auto Dimming mirror I fitted one at the weekend.

Question for those of you who already bask in the luxury of said mirror type:

Does it always default to 'on' with the little green LED lit up on start up, even if switched off on previous journey?

Just curious.

By the way, I have a spare auto dim mirror [from an Avensis but identical to RAV one] going for a donation to SHCMs charity swim and postage at cost if anyone is interested. Fittng instructions pinned in 'Technical hints and tips'.

David. My car came with said auto dim mirror which I thought was standard on the T180 ???

The default setting is on.. So if You switch it off as soon as You park up and switch of the car it will switch itself back on again...

David. My car came with said auto dim mirror which I thought was standard on the T180 ???

The default setting is on.. So if You switch it off as soon as You park up and switch of the car it will switch itself back on again...

Yup, standard on T180 I believe, but not on my vintage of XTR

Thanks Charlie, so it's working as it should :thumbsup:

I also took the opportunity to hide the bluetooth mic whilst I had the interior light unit out. This was fitted post production to XTRs in 2008 and looked like a pimple on an Elephant's @rse just stuck on with velcro. Noticed that there is a three pin socket labelled 'MIC' on one of the circuit boards........................SHCM throw any light?

.......................SHCM throw any light?

Bit tricky, photons don't have rest mass.

Sorry, couldn't resist. The sat nav mic is up there when fitted and it has three connections. Possibly harness already there and comes down to radio. 1 power (5V I think), 1 mic signal, 1 GND.

At least the auto dimming mirrors work better than auto wipers. Backing out of a dark garage into bright sunlight will fool the mirror, not surprisingly, as it's very similar to having bright headlamps behind you. Can be useful to turn it off in that situation.

I was going to say that ......... MMmmmm

Aah, but if they were somehow thrown then they would not be at rest so would have a velocity and a relativistic mass giving rise to momentum!

Nice to see physics outside of the classroom!

My auto dim mirror is also default to on...

.......AND MY AUTO DIM MIRROR, fitted totally retrospectfully, even has a built in digital compass facility....today I was travelling in a "5E" direction....where TF is that?

Big Kev.....just going out...may be gone some thyme......

Nice to see physics outside of the classroom!

Well at least somebody understood the quantum bizarreness comment. :wacko:

Yeah, they'll have momentum, I just don't know how to throw them. I probably have to drop an energy level or something..............

I probably have to drop an energy level or something..............

That should at least shed some light on it, not wanting to sound like a Planck and all... ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links