Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eta Next Friday 16th April

BudJar

Just an update and a thanks to the relpyers to my earlier posts re finance for my blue prius. thanks guys...

In the end I managed to raise my own finances by selling me beloved motorhome and a little overdraft ! So will be slapping down notes and demanding perfection from the franchiser! And thus avoiding any long term debt, phew

Can't wait to join you guys in the pleasure of driving a Prius...

So long for now

Jason aka BudJar(UK)

In the end I managed to raise my own finances by selling me beloved motorhome

Result....a motorhome off the roads! :lol:

Good luck....hope your Prius turns up on time. You'll love it. :thumbsup:

Just taking mine down to Devon for a few days. Hope to exceed 50mpg for the journey but it's the first time I've had a full complement of passengers, luggage and a full tank.

Thanks Braindead,

I'm sure I will enjoy. Good luck with your journey btw.

Yup I watched the 'ol van dissappear off in the distance and turn the corner out of site. Another bonus is that people can see down the street now. One guy insists on blasting his horn for about 200 yards to give notice that he's manouvering around a vehical obscuring his view. Hundreds of cars go past, not a beep !

And I've sent an email to my salesman asking when EXACTLY my car is due to be delivered. Fingers crossed I hope I don't suffer delays.

So Long For Now Ill post again when I got the yarmouth bloater (motor).

BudJar

Hi again people,

Spoke to my sales guy today...

Without me even asking anything he started going to extreme lengths to reassure me about my powershift grant. He was saying that Toyota are currently working it out with the grant people so that all customers who had ordered a prius with the selling point of this rebate and that didn't or are not due to get them until after the 31st of March, should still be entitled to the £1000 grant or at least £700

I was bemused and thinking why he was being so adament. I mentioned the fact that it's likely that I would not recieve the grant anyway, because I did not obtain a grant offer prior to ordering. He said that that did not matter as Toyota had registered the first 500 cars with the government already and that it all had been done on my behalf!

Any not all that important to me. I'm just forward the 24th (new due date).

Bye for now

• 2 weeks later...

New ETA !

Have been pestering the sales guy 'Toby' at the dealership regarding when my Prius was arriving. Today I pestered again. I've found out that Toyota have now finished thier negotiations EST and have lifted the suspension on deliveries of new prius's as a result. They informed me that I will get my grant even though I ordered prior to obtaining a grant offer in writing. So thats good news at least. £700 will do nicely. All I have to do is fill in the form when I pick up the car.

I know things are happening because good 'ol Toby gave me my registration number so as I can get my insurance cover and bring along the certificate so they can get my tax purchased.

The new date of arrival is Wednesday 12th May. I've been waiting so long now, perused every review, followed all newsgroups and downloaded every screensaver even! I've never anticipated and waited for something for so long in my life. I'm sure it will be worth it. I've still yet to see another Prius on the road. Am sure the when I do it will be mine. Oh yeah, 'spose I'd better start thinking about a bluetooth mobile now eh.

Also I cannot wait to hand in my diesel Vectra and start claiming my allowance and reducing my tax burden. Also with the sale of the motorhome I'm buying outright.

Will keep you posted when I pick up the car.

So long for now

Jason

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links