Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Connectivity Sr180

coopersport

Can anybody tell me if a late 2008 SR180 has iPod connectivity please. I've tried searching t'interweb and some specs say it has and some don't mention it. :dontgetit:

Can anybody tell me if a late 2008 SR180 has iPod connectivity please. I've tried searching t'interweb and some specs say it has and some don't mention it. :dontgetit:

'Fraid not Paul.....I was lucky to get an official Toyota Kit off eBay from somebody in Ayrshire at £50.00 a couple of years back, coz you will get a wee shock even through our almost sorta friend Kingo at Lindop Toyota.

Big Kev

X carlink is Brilliant !!!! Half or less than the price of the Toyota one and very easy to install ....

X carlink is Brilliant !!!! Half or less than the price of the Toyota one and very easy to install ....

That looks interesting although It states that it is compatible with the B9000 sat nav, is that an earlier version of the B9004?

Am I right in thinking that all I would need is the Ipod interface @ £78.25 & has any one tried it in a T/SR180?

Hi Chaps,

I just got my wife a iPhone4S and she's desperate to use her iPhone somehow. The bluetooth works with the phone, but if this can get the music working, I think she'll be a happy bunny.

@Charlie

Can you explain how it works with the Sat Nav?

What mode do you have to put it (the Sat Nav) in?

What does it show on the display if anything at all?

Do all the controls works?

and the most important questions, is it easy? As I am not very good with car electrics!

Hi Chaps,

I just got my wife a iPhone4S and she's desperate to use her iPhone somehow. The bluetooth works with the phone, but if this can get the music working, I think she'll be a happy bunny.

@Charlie

Can you explain how it works with the Sat Nav?

What mode do you have to put it (the Sat Nav) in?

What does it show on the display if anything at all?

Do all the controls works?

and the most important questions, is it easy? As I am not very good with car electrics!

It works just fine with the 4S.. I have the same phone.. Only issue is that phone book numbers have to be put in Manually as the iPhone 4S cannot transmit them...

If You have any problems pop over the house and I will set it up over a brew....

Charlie.

Thanks for the offer Charlie. I think I will take you up on that offer, as I'm keen to see it in operation.

My wife has put a couple of key numbers in manually, apart from that it's just for receiving the calls. The key bit then is the music!

How does this device handle things?

KL

Ahhh music... Not sure if that can be done..... I can sort the phone book entry's but cant remember if the music only worked via the Xcarlink device....

The iPhone 4S is not capable of transmitting its contents Via bluetooth... So maybe transferring music data is the same .

Perhaps SCHM can advise ??

Ahhh Music... Not sure if that can be done..... I can sort the phone book entry's but cant remember if the music only worked via the Xcarlink device....

The Iphone 4S is not capable of transmitting its contents Via bluetooth... So maybe transferring music data is the same .

The iPhone's can transmit the address books over BT, it's just the Rav doesn't seem to accept it. this was one of my points about my late mother's Golf... the fact it just worked but the Rav's interface (B9004 SatNav jobbie) didn't seem to allow it..

I do not believe the iPhone will send music over BT. This feature is locked down by Grannysmith.

Wibs

Ahhh Music... Not sure if that can be done..... I can sort the phone book entry's but cant remember if the music only worked via the Xcarlink device....

The Iphone 4S is not capable of transmitting its contents Via bluetooth... So maybe transferring music data is the same .

The iPhone's can transmit the address books over BT, it's just the Rav doesn't seem to accept it. this was one of my points about my late mother's Golf... the fact it just worked but the Rav's interface (B9004 SatNav jobbie) didn't seem to allow it..

I do not believe the iPhone will send music over BT. This feature is locked down by Grannysmith.

Wibs

Mate I ended up speaking to an Apple IT expert who assured Me that the I phone 4S does not have the capability to transmit its data via bluetooth ..

I believe the older 3G could do it and its the phone I had before... If it could though Neither I or My Son who is really clued up on these gizmos could work out how to do it !!

Ahhh Music... Not sure if that can be done..... I can sort the phone book entry's but cant remember if the music only worked via the Xcarlink device.... The Iphone 4S is not capable of transmitting its contents Via bluetooth... So maybe transferring music data is the same . Perhaps SCHM can advise ??
The iPhone's can transmit the address books over BT, it's just the Rav doesn't seem to accept it. this was one of my points about my late mother's Golf... the fact it just worked but the Rav's interface (B9004 SatNav jobbie) didn't seem to allow it.. I do not believe the iPhone will send music over BT. This feature is locked down by Grannysmith. Wibs
Mate I ended up speaking to an Apple IT expert who assured Me that the I phone 4S does not have the capability to transmit its data via bluetooth .. I believe the older 3G could do it and its the phone I had before... If it could though Neither I or My Son who is really clued up on these gizmos could work out how to do it !!

I had my iPhone 4 connected by BT to the Golf which connected to the contacts on the phone and displayed them in the MFD on the dash...

Ahhh Music... Not sure if that can be done..... I can sort the phone book entry's but cant remember if the music only worked via the Xcarlink device.... The Iphone 4S is not capable of transmitting its contents Via bluetooth... So maybe transferring music data is the same . Perhaps SCHM can advise ??
The iPhone's can transmit the address books over BT, it's just the Rav doesn't seem to accept it. this was one of my points about my late mother's Golf... the fact it just worked but the Rav's interface (B9004 SatNav jobbie) didn't seem to allow it.. I do not believe the iPhone will send music over BT. This feature is locked down by Grannysmith. Wibs
Mate I ended up speaking to an Apple IT expert who assured Me that the I phone 4S does not have the capability to transmit its data via bluetooth .. I believe the older 3G could do it and its the phone I had before... If it could though Neither I or My Son who is really clued up on these gizmos could work out how to do it !!

I had my iPhone 4 connected by BT to the Golf which connected to the contacts on the phone and displayed them in the MFD on the dash...

Mate where in setting is the tab to send ?? I after several long calls to Orange was finally diverted to Apple and they say it cant be done ??

If it can could You please explain how ? I spent ages going through the flaming phone and as said eventually got through to an Apple IT expert in the USA !!

Perhaps You know something they dont ??.................

Mate where in setting is the tab to send ?? I after several long calls to Orange was finally diverted to Apple and they say it cant be done ??

If it can could You please explain how ? I spent ages going through the flaming phone and as said eventually got through to an Apple IT expert in the USA !!

Perhaps You know something they dont ??.................

CF. once the phone was paired the car asked if I wanted to set up a new profile. I said yes. It then asked if I wanted to sync address list. I said yes and hey presto it was done. I believe the rav cannot do it as the iPhone uses a different protocol which the aged rav interface can't understand. The golf just did it. That's one of the things I was highlighting in the comparison thread I started way back!

I don’t have a Iphone4 or I would try it with the T & G, it certainly lets me stream music and transfer contacts with no problems with a Windows phone, anyone in Berkshire want to give it a go or in Solihull tomorrow?

Gus

Just ordered the xCarlink . . . . Do I need any special tools or should I just pop over CF :)

Tis all witchcraft.

Bring back phone boxes with slots for coins. You know where you are up to with things you can see or feel.

Luddite.

Ah those were the days!!!!! Would you believe we still have Red BT phone boxes on island.( a throw back from when BT was here on island) and every one has an "unvanderlised" phonebook in them.Quaint

Regards Clare (sorry to go off topic)

Ere Don ....... Toyota may fit the 2030 model with a wee device just for You (And Kev)...........A starting handle ............

On topic .. Weblers speak to Me ?? I could really do with knowing how to send the information from the phone to the car Mate if You could explain ?

Egad - starting handle! It might just work.

This phone thing is one aspect where the Kia Soul was good. It just sucked in all the phone numbers every time you got in the car and you could voice dial probably more than 90% of the entries. Mrs phone computer knew who you were asking for. On my RAV Mrs computer is Albanian and only gets 3% right. I hope Mrs Touch performs a bit better.

See how I know all these new fangled terms..........

Ere Don ....... Toyota may fit the 2030 model with a wee device just for You (And Kev)...........A starting handle ............

On topic .. Weblers speak to Me ?? I could really do with knowing how to send the information from the phone to the car Mate if You could explain ?

Charlie. It's not possible on the rav. If you're talking about on a VAG car then simply pair it and follow the instructions.

Wib

Just dropped you a PM charlie

Managed to fit the xcarlink all on my lonesome. It didn't turn out to be to bad in the end. In fact there was even a spare port for the connection at the rear of the stereo!

Sound is excellent and the bluetooth still works perfectly with the car.

KL

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links