Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated Seats

Tony Barnsley

I am slightly puzzled. While watching eBay for heated seat retro fit kits for the Rav, I bought a few bits and pieces, and while fitting one of these yesterday I dropped a part, and it disappeared under the seat. So after inverting myself on the seat I had a good look round . . . and noticed a load of electrical connections under there . . . now this is what's puzzled me. I would guess that there would be a sensor to know when I had stuck my fat ***** on it, plus wiring for the air bags but there looks to be an lot more connections. I'm wondering if the leather seats come with the heaters already fitted. . . . If so then all I need to order are the genuine heater switches from Mr T.

Does anyone know?

Maybe for electric seat adjusters Tony?

I am slightly puzzled. While watching eBay for heated seat retro fit kits for the Rav, I bought a few bits and pieces, and while fitting one of these yesterday I dropped a part, and it disappeared under the seat. So after inverting myself on the seat I had a good look round . . . and noticed a load of electrical connections under there . . . now this is what's puzzled me. I would guess that there would be a sensor to know when I had stuck my fat ***** on it, plus wiring for the air bags but there looks to be an lot more connections. I'm wondering if the leather seats come with the heaters already fitted. . . . If so then all I need to order are the genuine heater switches from Mr T.

Does anyone know?

Hi Tony,

did the seats you have fitted come as original equipment with the car or are they some from an XT5 or T180 that have been fitted afterwards? The XT5 and T180 seats would have heaters but I'm not sure about leather seats fitted to an XT-R.

When you describe the "load of electrical cables" under the seat, are you refering to cable connectors on the underside of the seat itself or cable connectors that come from under the carpets? There is a lot of wiring connected to my seat - electric position control ( fore and aft, up and down and lumbar suport ), sensor for the keyless ignition, air bag "detonators" and the heated seats.

Interesting question though, since someone discovered that their car was wired for cruise control and all they had to do was fit the switch to make it operative.

If the seats have no heater elements it is not too big a job to fit them and after market carbon ones are not expensive. Hoovie is the expert on this as he did the job on his 4.2. ( should be able to find the post with a little luck! )

If it would help, I'll check exactly what connectors there are under my seat at the weekend and post the result. Might even be able to identify what connector feeds what if my brain has a good day ;)

Don't mess with any yellow plugs Tony, they are for the smart airbags. There are sensors on the seat rails that determin how much of the airbags should deploy depending on how close the seat is to the dash.

Don't mess with any yellow plugs Tony, they are for the smart airbags. There are sensors on the seat rails that determin how much of the airbags should deploy depending on how close the seat is to the dash.

....otherwise known as confined pyrotechnics......beware ye......wear goggles, and breathe through yer nose, Anthony

Way too complicated for me, takes me all my time to fit a set of seat covers!!!!!!

Regards Clare

I was wondering if the heating elements were in the seats as standard too. Can you post a pic of the connectors, maybe Schm has a siring diag to cross ref them?

Seat heat wire colours

Driver

L-R Low (Blue/Red)

L-Y High (Blue/Yellow)

W-B GND (White/Black)

Passenger

L Low (Blue)

LB High (Blue/Black)

W-B GND (White/Black)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links