Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alpine Cde W235Bt?

Jambo1874

I've Just recently bought a 2009 Rav4 2.2 diesel D-D4 XT-R 5 door, and I'm looking to change the stereo to an Alpine CDE W235BT. My question is will this be compatable and how easy is it to fit and what will the quality of the finished look be? The main reason for the change is I'm looking for blue tooth for my phone etc. So any hints on this or perhaps better options would be very helpful :D

let me put my reply into English this time ...

The factory fit Radio/6 CD in the 2009 XT-R supports bluetooth phones, in fact it even has the steering wheel controls, not just for the Radio/CD but also controls the phone - as in accept/reject calls etc.

Gus

The factory fit Radio/6 CD in the 2009 XT-R supports Bluetooth phones, in fact it even has the steering wheel controls, not just for the Radio/CD but also controls the phone - as in accept/reject calls etc.

Gus

.....in which case I feel a bit hard done by, Gus.....the SR180 (2009) didn't have bluetooth....had to let a fellow member steal bits off my dashboard in order to facilitate installification. One would have thought the SR 180 would have had same if not better options, que....?

Big Kev

The factory fit Radio/6 CD in the 2009 XT-R supports Bluetooth phones, in fact it even has the steering wheel controls, not just for the Radio/CD but also controls the phone - as in accept/reject calls etc.

Gus

.....in which case I feel a bit hard done by, Gus.....the SR180 (2009) didn't have bluetooth....had to let a fellow member steal bits off my dashboard in order to facilitate installification. One would have thought the SR 180 would have had same if not better options, que....?

Big Kev

My 2008 XTR has bluetooth too - I think it was one of those 'Let's rummage the parts bins and see what we can add as a sweetner' jobs though.

When I fitted the auto dimming mirror recently I finally removed the black michrophone pimple from the overhead light panel and installed it in the housing where it should be. Just cracked open the black housing, extracted the mic, carefully cut the slots through the panel and secured the mic. Been annoying me since I bought the car.............

The 2009 XT-R had bluetooth and steering wheel, radio and phone controls through the factory installed radio.

Gus

Excuse my ignorance about the bluetooth. I pick up the car on Thursday so it is difficult to mess about with the new gadgets it has. I did question the salesman about bluetooth and the fact that there appeared to be a mic up by the cabin light. However he said no it didn't have. His response gave me the impression he was unsure.

The 2009 XT-R had bluetooth and steering wheel, radio and phone controls through the factory installed radio.

Gus

Excuse my ignorance about the bluetooth. I pick up the car on Thursday so it is difficult to mess about with the new gadgets it has. I did question the salesman about bluetooth and the fact that there appeared to be a mic up by the cabin light. However he said no it didn't have. His response gave me the impression he was unsure.

If that wee black beetle is stuck to the light panel it's all Bluetoothed up Liam. There's an excellent 'Fit bluetooth Mic discreetly' How To by Sooty Torques in the pinned 'Technical hints and tips' section at top of forum page but I can't get the links to work...............

From memory, Sooty cut the mic wires but I didn't find that to be necessary. Just need to work carfeully. The panel can be completely removed so the slots can be opened by unplugging the connectors once it has been pulled down from the roof. I held the Mic in place in the little moulded housing with a fine 'tie wrap' looped in.

EDIT:

Here's a link to Sooty's original post.

http://www.toyotaown...howtopic=124287

I don't recall having to do so much dismantling of the unit when I did mine but that was several sleeps ago......................

Kevin, I thought you drove a hard bargain.... In this case it looks like they took stuff off to pay for your bargaining prowess...

The bluetooth on the 2009 XT-R has to be one of the best I have had (honest) better than the new one not in functions but in clarity for both ends of the call.

By the way Liam it is possible to fit a iPod/iPhone adaptor to the radio, possibly not the best for info but plays ok if you get your playlists in order - no bluetooth streaming of audio unless you have the touch and go version in the 2012 model you don't need the go (navigation part) actually, plus the nav is pants.

Gus

Kevin, I thought you drove a hard bargain.... In this case it looks like they took stuff off to pay for your bargaining prowess...

The Bluetooth on the 2009 XT-R has to be one of the best I have had (honest) better than the new one not in functions but in clarity for both ends of the call.

By the way Liam it is possible to fit a iPod/iPhone adaptor to the radio, possibly not the best for info but plays ok if you get your playlists in order - no Bluetooth streaming of audio unless you have the touch and go version in the 2012 model you don't need the go (navigation part) actually, plus the nav is pants.

Gus

I am fairly shocked that the top spec model from 2009 does not have bluetooth as standard !!

Re BT Streaming ... just a note to say that the Audio Unit in my 2011 SR (so predating the Touch and Go) DOES have BT Streaming and works pretty well in fact on the occasions I have used it.

Not sure if that Streaming feature was on the Sat-Nav unit only or was also on the non-Sat Nav unit of the 2010 facelift unit as well

Ref Alpine units ... It should be simple enough to fit one in and I would think will look very smart in the dash (I'm a big Alpine fan and used to always buy one for my car until the custom trim sizes started to be more common-place)

Thanks for all the info guys very helpful. Just one quick question side steps what's the best option am I better sticking with original parts or is there a cheaper alternative out there just a good. I have seen various options but just curious about people's findings on the different options and finished quality.

Thanks for all the info guys very helpful. Just one quick question side steps what's the best option am I better sticking with original parts or is there a cheaper alternative out there just a good. I have seen various options but just curious about people's findings on the different options and finished quality.

Stick to the originals, Liam....they look better and may last longer. Have a regular flick through eBay for decent used wans too.

Big Kev

Stick to the originals, Liam....they look better and may last longer. Have a regular flick through eBay for decent used wans too.

Big Kev

Thanks for that Kevin. After a quick look I've found one part number PZ415-X2904-00. I had a quick look through the forum with no luck and I'm just wondering if you have any more part numbers or the best website etc to look for side steps on a 2009 Rav4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links