Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Premium Side Steps/mudflaps - Help Please

zipppydj

You need to keep that foot firmly down and preferably against the salesman throat while he reads the brochure and the invoice and gives you your 150 pounds back.

If Toyota always sends the basic steps for after fits then they need to fix their shipping mistakes as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Kev

• zipppydj

• iiyama

• anchorman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Anchorman. Yes I agree, that's what I've pointed out to Listers but they say Toyota always send the aluminium side steps for after fits.

I will write to Toyota to query as I've been charged for a Style Pack on the invoice and not individual parts.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be pleased with the Premium's when I get it back later today. Will keep you posted.

Hope you are keeping well.

Forgot to say.....lovely car by the way. If you require to price check these Listers people, phone any other Toyota dealer for a price to supply and fit the PREVIOUS TYPE side steps. They will more than likely ask you why you wouldn't want the "PREMIUM" side steps, as they would look much better. Very tempted to do this myself.....

Big Kev

Hi Zippy, sorry you couldn,t understand my admiration for Chrome grilles.It,s just me, I think the addition of it really made such a difference to the look of the Rav. I could not understand why Toyota did not introduce it earlier, when they had it on the Japanese 7 seater version of the Rav from day one ( Toyota Vanguard).One only has to look at the revised Hilux, to see what a difference it has made to the look of the car

HTH Regards Clare

Hi Zippy, sorry you couldn,t understand my admiration for Chrome grilles.It,s just me, I think the addition of it really made such a difference to the look of the Rav. I could not understand why Toyota did not introduce it earlier, when they had it on the Japanese 7 seater version of the Rav from day one ( Toyota Vanguard).One only has to look at the revised Hilux, to see what a difference it has made to the look of the car

HTH Regards Clare

No, no, no, no!!! The CG makes it look like one of those 1950's Wurlitzer juke boxes. Horrible!!

I guess you kinda suspect that I don't like the CG.

Sorry, Clare, but it ruins the car for me.

HTH Regards Clare

No, no, no, no!!! The CG makes it look like one of those 1950's Wurlitzer juke boxes. Horrible!!

JAMESY....TAKE A LEAF OOT OF MY BOOK....YOU NEED TO STAY CALM.....

Big Kev

Can't get too emotive about the chrome but at least the front and back matches.

Zippy

Tell them you couldn't give 2 hoots what Toyota send or where it is fitted but you want what is in the brochure as that is what you paid for.

He said pulling back the curtain and looking at his Superb SR sat on the drive!!!!!

Regards Calm Clare

HTH Regards Clare

Big Kev

Why are you shouting at me, BK?

He said pulling back the curtain and looking at his Superb SR sat on the drive!!!!!

Regards Calm Clare

Smashin' Clare, so it is....and if these most recent pictures are indeed of the 4.4, they better have done something RADICALISTIC with the engine, coz that looks to me like one somewhat over-heralded facelift......I genuinely hope to be wrong.

Big Kev

HTH Regards Clare

Big Kev

Why are you shouting at me, BK?

excuse catapults, jim.....the above is 20 minutes typing to me......

Car is back, Premiums fitted. From what I can see in the dark, it looks good.

What I haven't previously mentioned is that I did get a good deal on the car in the first place, so perhaps that's why they've charged me more for the Style Pack. The car only had 29 miles on the clock and when I priced it up against a brand new one using the config on Toyota's website, I paid £4k less.

Don't fall into the trap of 'you got a good deal'. A dealer will only do a deal if it works for them. Yes you got the car at a good price, but they wouldnt have done the deal if it hadnt worked for them. The style pack costs what it costs and that's that. You should have had the premium steps, like I have on mine with the style pack.

Have written to Listers head office and waiting to see what they come back with. Hopefully £150 quid to go towards some beep beeps.

No, they won't fit unless you have them modified. In theory the Premium side steps are supposed to do the job. Time will tell!

They don't! I'm gonna get a set of mudflaps for mine.

No front mud flaps = filthy side steps and filthy doors

Simples.

Could not agree further with Hoovie and DP........these sidesteps are even narrower than the old ones that Zippy has just had upgraded, and afford next to no body side protection.....car and steps get manky. These Listers folk really are filling folks' heads with crap whilst emptying their wallets on "upgrades".

Big Kev.

No, they won't fit unless you have them modified. In theory the Premium side steps are supposed to do the job. Time will tell!

Says in your first post that you paid for front and rears? Or have I missed something?

Yes. It came with the old style side steps which allow the mudflaps. Since then she has had the new style steps which don't allow the fronts

I may wear a blond wig every now and then but I aont that thick!!! ;)

What I meant was that fronts have been paid for but not fitted. Has there been any refund for this? Seems theres a bit of a stitch up here which takes the gloss of owning a new motor.

What I meant was that fronts have been paid for but not fitted. Has there been any refund for this? Seems theres a bit of a stitch up here which takes the gloss of owning a new motor.

Would think the dealer has placed the fronts in the boot for Ladyowner to amend or have amended to fit the Premium steps, as they are hers and as such are paid for already, que.....?

Would think the dealer has placed the fronts in the boot for Ladyowner to amend or have amended to fit the Premium steps, as they are hers and as such are paid for already, que.....?

Either that or they'll end up on e-bay as a nice little earner for for the fitter.....................

I've just been and looked and yes they are in the boot, rest easy. They also topped up the fuel tank when I was about 3/4 empty.

The new side steps look sleeker but I don't think there's that much difference in the width with them and the old ones. When you compare them against the width of the tyre, there's not that much in it. They are level with the outside of the tyre and don't think the old ones were much different from what I can see from the photos. I think that the tapering at the ends make them look slimmer.

If necessary, I'll find someone to modify the mudflaps if I find it's getting too mucky.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links