Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17"s On A Rolla - Anyone Done It?

Panzerbjorn

Lo all,

Just wondering if any of you had put 17"s on your 'rolla and if so did you have to do anything special to the wheel arches or anything drastic like that? Mines dropped 40mm atm, do you think i would have to raise it a bit to get the wheels to fit?

Panzer

Not sure if you need to get arches rolled after lowering, but I know its perfectly fine without it lowered, just make sure pcd is 100 and its ET 50.

Ah right ideal cheers mate! Theres a set of 17" Team Dynamics Diablo's on another site i know going for £300! They are 100 pcd but whats ET50?

Cheers mate, i may have to put the old springs back on to get the wheels in :o lol

Panzer

sorry, typo mistake, its meant to be be ET35/40. I forget what part of the wheel it is, but I read it somewhere in one of the forum posts, maybe you could do a search?

I do believe its something to do with the tyres! hehe the numbers listed with the rims im after are 205/40/17 so im guessing 205 is the wall height or the tyre width. 40 is which ever of those two 205 isnt lol and 17 is the inner diameter of the wheel...

my powers of deduction are fool proof lol!

Cheers mate i think they will fit!

Panzer

ET is the wheel offset - you have to get this right otherwise you'll get problems. Have a look on the back off one of your existing wheels - it's probably somewhere there.

Mate, whatever you do, dont lower your car by 40mm on 17s as you will have to get the arches rolled. I've just lowered my E10 by 40mm and it sits right on the ground. Will be even lower when I get my 15" alloys with 195/45/15 tyres :yes:

Anyway 195 is the tyre width, 45 is the tyre wall height(this is % of the tyre width), 15 is obviously the diameter of the tyre. ET is the offset of wheel. Make sure you get alloys with 35-39 offset, or 42 is the max but you might have to modify the arches if the car was to be lowered.

As for alloys check out http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk - they are well cheap! Brand new 17" alloys(cheapest ones are £ 425! ).

ok to clear this up..fit a et40 offset and you will not need to roll your arches..fit a et35 and you will..and im speaking from personal experiance here!

Ok cheers for the info guys! Ill be looking for 40ETs then. I currently have 15"s on it and its been dropped the 40mm and its no where near the floor! someone actually asked me if i was going to lower it when they saw it lol! Anyway if i put the 17"s on ill have to get it raised then. Does anyone know how low i could drop it with 17"s then? or would i have to keep it standard height?

This would be very helpful because if i have to drop it then i will be looking at new coil overs. If i can leave it standard then i just have to put the old springs back on...

cheers guys

Panzer

mines lowered 40mm on 17's no probs..in fact id have to say it loos about spot on..:)

do 16s not look good then? i was thinking of 16s if i got a civic to keep it fast...? they look alright on a civic.

plus dont 17s worsen the handling on a car thats made for 14s?

Cheers Corolla Kid! I think if i get the 17"s ill fit them with my current suspension, and if it all works then it will be a dream.

Froston, Generally on stadard steel wheels although the centre, steel bit, is only 14" they have high profile tyres which boosts up the total diameter. The trick it to get lower profile tyres the bigger the rim goes.

Panzer

Nah mate dont really want to roll em hehe, ive just spent £700 on a new paint job, plus the price of a nice set of rims, dont think i could afford it hehe. I may decided to get the fensport lowering springs and KYB uprated shocks though, as my current setup (spax -40mm and KYB standards) is quite light and shakey

Panzer

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links