Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Paint Job

Jimlad

Ok... just went along to a bodyshop where I now live ( different one from before ), and they quoted me £1800 to paint the car yellow/black. Also to fit the new bumper. Includes painting in the boot/engine bay/bonnet etc.

Does this seem a decent price ?

Sound about right to me for a good job..... espichally if there doing the boot engine bay etc... Will they be stripping body pannels then?

diycar.jpg

yeah... sorta like above.. lol

Dunno about stripping the panels etc... but they said they would do everything.. if you know what I mean ? Inside and out.

The guy I was speaking to says he does alot of work on custom paint jobs for bikes etc. He said he has a few ideas for the yellow. He also said the Vauxhall VX220 thing has come out in a very nice yellow. He's more than confident that they'll do a better job than my old b.shop.

the bonnet will be replaced by a carbon fibre border bonnet soon. Also the middle section of the spoiler will be replaced by carbon fibre.

should look mint !

Also ordered £350 worth of bits from Toyota to make the car look brand new. Still a few more bits to do externally. Should be good for show season !

Jim, dont get the bonnet sprayed then if your gonna replace it with the carbon, in fact you should be able to bring down the costs if you tell him which bits not to paint. use that towards the other stuff.

I'll be getting a few grand in a few weeks, so me being impatient.. I'll get the car in straight away. I'm not 100% sure that the bonnet will be here in time, and I won't be ordering it until a few weeks time.

So... to stop me driving around with a red bonnet until it arrives... it kinda makes sense.

So Jimlad...

Are you:

A) a ganster

B) a drug dealer

C) a pimp

I'm just wondering as I want a piece of the cake!

jimlad Posted on Apr 22 2004, 10:22 AM

got a big heist going down in a few weeks

Jus keep of my patch or i'll bust a cap in yo *****!!! Word

:yes: :D :P

Yep sounds about right, they will be spraying the inside parts too, so that will mean basically removing quite a lot from the car, so £1800 is realistic.

Matt just sent me this pic. Very nice.

Obviously not very busy at rogue systems today then ??... lol

jimyellow1.jpg

Matt... the end caps will be carbon fibre also, with yellow screws. Red Sparco seats, twin bomex scoops.... C'mon.. get to it mate.. lol

I'm up to my ears changing someone pads and disks at the moment.... which is nice, that was just a 2 minute sketch, no real skill involved!

Jim Lad Where you getting your Bomex scoops from?? was looking at Do Luck scoops as well.

All the way from the land of the rising sun mate.

I'm up to my ears changing someone pads and disks at the moment.... which is nice, that was just a 2 minute sketch, no real skill involved!

ah... so you are actually working then ?? :P

Who me or Matt?? :yes:

I was on about Matt.

I actually looked at the rogue cam and seen a white MR2 in the air. But couldn't see him... didn't look like he was doing much work. lol

:P

Get your t-bars sprayed yellow too.... Looking at that picture.... it would be much smooooother :thumbsup:

seriously ?

You should get the roof sprayed a very high gloss back it would make her look like she is sat alot lower than she is B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links