Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Avensis T2 - Sat Nav Retrofit Easy - Plus What Alloys ?

devilhunter

Hi guys.

I have a 2012 T2 Avensis but wondered if its possible to retro fit the sat nav with screen from the TR model as they turn up on a certain auction site fairly often and wondered what was involved in fitting it.

Also the 16" steel wheels have got to go for some 17" alloys so again there are lots for sale that fit previous generations of Avensis - I assume the fitting is the same ?

Thanks guys

obviously fitting bigger wheels than everything is calibrated for will result in an inacurate spedo and poss abs probs

obviously fitting bigger wheels than everything is calibrated for will result in an inacurate spedo and poss abs probs

I am only interested in fitting Toyota 17" alloys not boy racer multi fits, as fitted on higher spec Avensis models but maybe from previous generations.

These should have lower profie tyres so the rolling radius should be the same. I was thinking more about the offset etc ?

ok i didnt know u could put diff tyres on to make them the same my bad... if u tell me where the info would be written ill go look on mine:)

coop

The most important part is getting a wheel that is suitable for the stud fixing and the correct offset and wheel nuts. You can go up or down in wheel diameter and then add tyres of the correct profile to keep the overall diameter the same so that the speedometer remains accurate.

There are several online sites that give calculators to work out the permutations available to you. Below is a link to just one such site.

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

To be safe and get the right information I would start with advice from reputable wheel/tyre suppliers.

• Like 1

Have you done a search of this site using the search box up on the top right of the page? I can remember a number of comments about wheel upgrades but can't remember the detail.

The wheels off any post 2008 MK3 Avensis will fit yours as for the Nav I assume you are talking about the post 2012 facelift touch n go system it will fit but you will need the:

Touch headunit

& go nav unit

Wiring harness

Centre dash fascia

Gps antenna

Camera & harness

And microphone unit

Looking at the parts catalogue the T2 is missing all of the above so it could a bit of a headache to make it work

Great reply sir. I may look for a breaker if go down the Sat Nav Route but I will most likely change the car for an estate next year anyway so will hang fire on that. Wheels and tyres are on though as my fronts are getting low.

The wheels off any post 2008 MK3 Avensis will fit yours as for the Nav I assume you are talking about the post 2012 facelift touch n go system it will fit but you will need the:

Touch headunit

& go nav unit

Wiring harness

Centre dash fascia

Gps antenna

Camera & harness

And microphone unit

Looking at the parts catalogue the T2 is missing all of the above so it could a bit of a headache to make it work

Another thing sir, would it be possible to list prices with these new so I have some idea on what to pay used (is that a separate headunit and nav unit ?) or can I access the parts catalog and check myself ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links