Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2,0 Sr Tyres +Brakes

Auris Girl 08

Here is the revelant page from the Toyota website: http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&fullwidth=true&noLeftMenu=true&forceText=%3cnone%3e&edname=Owners-Service-Repairs&zone=Zone+Ownership&id=Owners-Service-Repairs

Check whether your dealer is participating in the Fixed Price Servicing and Fixed Price Repair schemes (most are). If you book the car in, make sure that you have asked for a Fixed Price Repair, and checked the price (website should still be current - prices as at November 2012). Again, when you drop the car in, check with them what it is booked for and the quoted price.

With my previous Auris, I have used the Fixed Price Servicing without any problems, and the service plan for my current Auris is based on Fixed Price Servicing costs.

The Toyota dealer should undertake a free visual safety report as part of the service and they should discuss with you any points arising from that and the service - mine always has done, and I'm on my third Toyota from them. For example, when I had the tailgate struts replaced under warranty on my Corolla by another dealer back in 2009, they went through the visual safety check with me for that visit - so it should be standard practice.

Thanks for the link, i just called my toyota service centre and they are not particiapting in the scheme. So im going to have to go further out of my local area to find someone who does and then im thinking for the sake of £25 is it worth it?? But leave it with me. ill have a think.

• 2 months later...

I recently bought a set of rear discs & pads for about £87, then had them fitted at a local garage for £73. A total bill of £160 instead of £215 at the dealer. I've used Mtec discs with Mintex pads before, so quite happy with their quality & life. I didn't do this to deprive the dealer of work as they're actually very good, but simply to save some money as I'm just not earning as much as I used to.

Dear Uncle Buck

Thank you for your reply, I managed to get my brakes and discs replaced by toyota under their fixed fee service. But will consider next time. I have no idea what the previous owners were thinking, they put brand new pads on worn discs. What a waste of pads.... I left them so i could get a bit of use out of the pads. I had the life of the discs checked out and there is just a little bit above the minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

A set of OE Pagid discs and pads out of euro would be well up to the job of a 2.0 D4D, very reasonably priced as well. As for tyres the likes of Kumho and Hankook are reasonably priced and good quality - stay clean away from your ling-longs etc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links