Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Cold Weather

zred1234

On cold weather my AURIS runs on 1200 rpm (-2,-3C).When the engine warms up exacly on working temperature everything is normal(bar is in the middle).

I have noticed that engine jumps to 1200 rpm while not yet reached working temperature . Can someone tell me is that a normal behavior?

TNX

In a nutshell, yes it's normal.

This was queried not long ago on the Avensis forum and this one.

asked the same question to my local dealer and was told this is normal. Probably goes a long way to explaining the abysmal fuel consumption figures some people quote especially doing shortish jouneys , mine can take 10 miles to settle down with really cold weather

I used to do a regular 12 mile commute to work & on a cold day (under 5 deg C), it would take more than half distance to reach normal running temp. Now I'm doing a 40 mile commute each way, so at least the DPF should be getting plenty warm enough to do a proper regen if necessary. Averaging 40.8 MPG at the mo, which isn't bad considering I'm using the heater & A/C when necessary to demist.

The slow warming up is one of the drawbacks of a diesel engined car.

After owning diesels since 1985 then getting my 1.6 auris vvti i could not beleave how quick it warms up.

When starting from cold it revs at 1600 in the garage and when it drops to 1200 after a few seconds i back out of the garage and park in front of the house its dropped to 1000. within a mile however cold its up to running temp with plenty of nice hot air comming from the vents however cold it is.

Mine seems to have 3 tick over levels 1200 when really cold dropping first to 1000 then standard 800 rpm when fully warm.

The last week or so until fully warmed up mine does a fair impression of a two stroke motorbike and leaves large white / grey smoke plumes that hang in the air and upset following cars! I believe this is unburnt fuel / regens only really clearing after I can give it a good blow out or the car gets up to temp.

Pete

I have one question ..... what is the Battery strength/power for AURIS 2.0D4d .On my old Battery there is no label ,I 've contacted local delarship ,they told me 70 Ah.

TNX in advance

• 4 weeks later...

On cold weather my AURIS runs on 1200 rpm (-2,-3C).When the engine warms up exacly on working temperature everything is normal(bar is in the middle).

I have noticed that engine jumps to 1200 rpm while not yet reached working temperature . Can someone tell me is that a normal behavior?

TNX

Totally normal for a

diesel engine. I have to live with it for some six months every year. The summer helps a little....

Auris D-CAT is a great car for winter conditions. Absolutely no problems and it´s warm like a sauna if you want it to be.

post-128898-0-58614100-1364800596_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links