Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr Exhaust

cergon

Hello all, if like me you're stuck in an office on this fine day instead of driving you're Yaris then have comfort in knowing you're not alone!!!

anyway, just got my Yaris on Saturday, its a 1.3 SR in med blue, gorgeous car, gorgeous colour! Have been looking at them for quite a while and noticed that some have a chrome exhaust and some don’t, was this an optional extra or has it been standard on earlier models.

I want one for mine as i think it'll finish it off nicely, I’ve taken a look at the current pokey exhaust and noticed that it points downwards so i guess i cant just put an end cap on?? so, how do i do this, will i need to replace part of the exhaust or what?

As you can probably tell im a newbie to all this :rolleyes:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kenny

• jaxx

• cergon

• jerry phipps

Top Posters In This Topic

the SR actually came standard with the TTE exhaust and gives it a bit more of a throaty note.

is yours a phase1 or 2?

but the TTE one shouldnt poke down anyway..... :unsure:

unless yours is an import which didn't have the TTE exhaust????

phase two is the facelift with the teardrop headlights

mind you the SR became the T-Spirit at the change, and you havnt got a TTE box? think you have been diddled mate!

well its an 01 reg if thats any help, can't i just buy and fit one myself or will i need a whole new exhaust?

available from toyota mate

or just buy a Remus back box which is basically all a TTE one is, just with a different name and higher price!

cheers for all your help jaxx, any idea of what sorta price i should be paying, wanna be armed with the info before approaching the garage.

umm about 120quid i think. but dunno exactly?

hmm, cant be cause the Remus one is around £170!! (that was from the POTN book ages ago though.....)

i think the TTE one maybe over £200

your probably closer than me! that was just a stab in the dark TBH!

cheers guys thats great, one thing i have noticed is that the car has those black side chav protection strips to stop the nova's from dinting the doors, could the previous owner have ordered those and sacraficed the exhaust as he bought it from new.

doubtful

go and have a look at the top of your windscreen on the drivers side and see if it says made in france/japan?

cheers guys thats great, one thing i have noticed is that the car has those black side chav protection strips to stop the nova's from dinting the doors, could the previous owner have ordered those and sacraficed the exhaust as he bought it from new.

That would have been a huge sacrifice then!!!!! :lol:

yup, it has a made in japan sticker, mystery solved!

:thumbsup:

now you have just thrown a spanner in the works! we had that sussed!

Well for the record: she's a 2000-model on a w-reg, chilli red with TTE spoiler, springs, and backbox... 1.3 engine, aircon as standard...

ah a very early one! all the early ones were built in japan but your must be to UK spec

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links