Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Good Dealer, Bad Dealer And The Ugly Dealer

matty2767

how about setting up a list of dealers who we recommend or would avoid. it might help get some dealers to pull their fingers out as well if they found themselves on the 'wrong' list.

• 2 months later...

Pinkstones of Stoke,

VERY GOOD DEALER.....

How do I know ?

Five Toyota's in our family to date, and nothing is too much trouble for Pinkstones to do, even down fitting the rubbers on a set of wiper arms, or the new Battery in your remote key as well as all the normal stuff like collecting your car and cleaning it after a reasonably priced service

Even when they moved to bigger premesis and Peter the service manager retired the same high standards are still there....

Unlike my prevous cars ( Mazda and VW) you are still a valued customer after you've bought the car.

Just saving my pennies for a new T3S from them now .... :drool:

There did used to be a dealer review section but I think the problem was that the dealers just kept signing up themselves and wrting good reviews about themselves (see above example).

(See above example)

Sorry SMW to rain on your parade but I'm not affliated to Pinkstones in any financial or business way.

I just buy cars of them, as do my family and they look after us.

On a side note here .,,,,,

Are their that many BAD dealers that when somebody praises a dealer its autmatically assumed its a dealer doing a spot of self promotion ?

Yep - most people have problems with their dealers. It can be just little things like charging you to fill the washer bottle on a service (even if it's full) - check your receipt ! most people have problems with over charging, car being booked in but they don't know about it when you arrive etc. also most dealers don't like modified cars so straight away a big chunk of this forum have problems.

Other horror stories include long waits for new cars, very high interest on finance, poor p/x values. My own nightmare was buying an approved car from a main dealer and then later finding out it had been in an accident and poorly repaired.

The last time someone wrote a glowing report like yours we traced the IP and found it was written from a computer in the dealership ! !

So . . . . sorry if you are genuine - it's just so surprising that someone likes their local dealer. I've never heard of it before.

:thumbsup:

I'l like my local dealer - if they'd actually look at my car ..

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to nominate :censor: as a bad dealer.

The sales side is great but the servicing borders on the inept.

I have had a couple of issues with my new Avensis Verso but the one that prompted me to write this rant is that my alarm did not work (presumably from new). I sent it back for them to look at, at the same time as having a piece of roof trim replaced which had been damaged in transit.

The :censor: spent about 2 minutes on it only to tell me I would need to book it in. Fair enough, I thought, so I duly arranged to leave it with them at a time when I could use one of their courtesy cars.

I delivered it on a Saturday two weeks ago and left it with them. I get a call on the following Tuesday to tell me that it had been fixed and could they have the loan car back asap (it had been booked for that whole week). My wife took that afternoon off work to deliver the loan car and collect ours only to get it home and find that they had not fixed the radar sensor, so while the alarm went off if you used the key in the door, an elephant could have been sitting in the car and the sensor would not have set the alarm off.

Naturally, I rang the :censor: , who had the cheek to tell me that they had tested it properly and that it must be something I was doing wrong. He told me to bring the car back and they would show me where I was going wrong and demonstrate it working.

Well to cut a long story short, I took that Friday off work, delivered the car to them only to have them tell me that there obviously was an issue, which probably manifested itself in the time between them testing it and my wife driving it home and that they would need it back to find the fault.

To add insult to injury, the :censor: said he would probably have to “rip the dashboard off” to find it.

So :censor: gets my vote as a bunch of :censor: . I shall expect my brand new car to be returned to be with a bunch of new and exciting scratches, squeaks and rattles.

No way will they be getting my servicing business.

Thanks a lot!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM MAKING WRITTEN ATTACKS ON TRADERS .......

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THEM PLEASE TAKE IT TO THEM AND NOT DISPLAY IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM FOR ALL TO SEE AND MAKE JUDGEMENT ON.....

DO I HAVE TO MENTION THE WORD 'LIBEL'...........

That isn't shouting........You'll know when that happens......

And please do not attempt to find a way round what is being stated by a moderator.

Like was said before if you have a problem address the dealer and not attempt to undermine them on a public forum when the incident may be isolated until proven otherwise.

If I remember correctly the law lets you write something like 'In my opinion dealer X of Y are Z" as this is a statement of personal opinion which everyone is entitled to. However, writing 'Dealer X of Y are Z' is more a statement of fact and is thus libelous.

But I'm not a lawyer so it may be best to get a second opinion before letting rip.

Steve

Thank you Stevie :thumbsup:

And thats the point......

Unless we have an experienced Libel lawyer on here who could advise the yes and no of such situations, then I strongly suggest everyone tones down remarks that could damage a companies reputation.

I know companies that have started law suits for less than what is being thrown around these forums. And no-one needs the heat of a law suit on them.....

And for people calling others silly or vicious names .......then that is a big deal for these companies so beware and think hard before you post........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links