Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

03 Reg 4Dr Saloon Avensis Number Plates.

SmithCraig896

Maintaining an OEM look is what I prefer to do on all my cars. I want to replace them with original no dealer/maker info because I don't want local car accessory shops name all over them either!

1. What details can I include on the number plates?

2. Any examples?

Cheers,

Craig

• 3 weeks later...

To be legal you need the letters & numbers to be the correct size & spacing, and you need the postcode of where they were made at the bottom. However, if you only require "show plates" then get them however you want from eBay.

Legally it has to have the maker name, post code and BS standard number, and the correct size / spacing / font etc

So a road legal plate CANNOT be blank

Kingo :thumbsup:

Legally it has to have the maker name, post code and BS standard number, and the correct size / spacing / font etc

So a road legal plate CANNOT be blank

Kingo :thumbsup:

But the makers name and other details don't have to be huge or even readable from a distance so you can choose a maker who will keep these details to a minimum size. Bear in mind though that if you choose a plate that does not comply with the law you may get a fine., but when was the last time you saw a policeman looking closely at a car!

IMHO if you get stopped by PC's Nothing-To-Do and Need-Some-Arrests-Today then you could get fined. However if your plates look legal, are the correct colour and font, aren't 3D or anything, don't have stategically placed screws to make a 6 look like a G etc, and have the correct spacing they'll leave you alone. It's the ones which are trying to look like something else they like to stamp on.

in theory show plates are illegal as is any company that produces them, my mates company stopped showplates a couple of years ago, 3D is legal as long as the digits is 51% balck. it is suprising though how small you can get the bs mark on the plate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links