Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis 2.0 D4D Diesel Mpg?

SmithCraig896

I just thought I'd post what I think of the car now I have had 2 weeks to live with ( and commute in) it.

I bought the car for top end private money , 1800 including 11 months tax so 1600 to be fair. I did this as it was alledgedly a very smart and well maintained example with good service history so near as good as youll get for a 2003 avensis 2.0 diesel ( that was the idea anyway)

How is the car in reality ? , well it clearly is what I paid for , no niggles no complaints. No it isnt anywhere near as fast as what I'm used to but after a week I just became used to it. Comfort is spot on 100 percent , aircon works seats comfy. No cruise control???

Economy , well it's a manual and I filled up £78.00 fuel. Litres was at 52.38L at 1.489. whats the mpg? Just got back from a 1 week holiday from Cumbria. Did 70mph max on the motorway. Lovely comfortable car.

I did my usual and washed it with Zip Wax Wash followed by a quick going over with an old towel ( I dont do detailing) and I stood back and thought I would be proud to take the car anywhere...

So how do I work out the MPG? What's the MPG?

Miles covered / litres used x 4.55 = mpg

Glad your pleased with the motor,i am in a similar situation as your self,i have been driving a Vectra c 2.0 dti which i owned from nov 07 till may 13 and what i was looking for primarily was reliability and a small amount of refinement coupled with economy this is what led me to the Toyota Avensis,basically i got fed up of repairing the thing not major things ,just little things like the Springs snapping and Anti roll bar bushes worn,drop links knackered egr problems things like this.

Anyway i spotted my current Avensis on eBay after months of looking for the right motor,and this one came along 06 plate 2.0d4d with a genuine 38,000 miles with one owner from (a grandad)new in pristine condition for its year so i bit his hand off for small haggle ending in 4 grand absolute bargain,so heres to 5 years of trouble free motoring.... i hope. :gora:

Just to add i must admit there are a few things i miss from the Veccy which are..Cruse Control..the main one..centre arm rest..switchable traction control..reversing sensors which to my mind on an Estate are a must..Sunglasses Holder above your head...these are thing that i am looking to retro fit so if anyone has any pointers ,i'm all ears.

Exvec: my 06 T3-S has a TRC switch that allows me to turn the traction control off. Its by the mirror controls. Does yours not have one or by switchable did you mean different settings? I only switch it off in the snow now because I got so far sideways with it off that I realised it was better at controlling the car than I was - especially first thing in the morning when I am in a rush. Woke me up though.

• Like 1

Just to add i must admit there are a few things i miss from the Veccy which are..Cruse Control..the main one..centre arm rest..switchable traction control..reversing sensors which to my mind on an Estate are a must..Sunglasses Holder above your head...these are thing that i am looking to retro fit so if anyone has any pointers ,i'm all ears.

Cruise control can be easily retro fitted to some models. There was a thread about it a while ago, try a search. IIRC all you had to do was fit the control stalk and connect it in behind the steering wheel airbag or something.

The centre arm rest was fitted to the upper level specs. Try a breaker for one. They sometimes come up on eBay but are quite expensive.

Traction control can be switched off as per Druid Boy's advice.

Reverse sensors from eBay for £14 wok a treat on my T27 and weren't hard to fit. The installation instructions and templates for their position for the official Toyota ones are on toyota tech website.

I put my sunglasses in the lidded box at the gear lever. I actually found it a better place than above my head.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

Exvec: my 06 T3-S has a TRC switch that allows me to turn the traction control off. Its by the mirror controls. Does yours not have one or by switchable did you mean different settings? I only switch it off in the snow now because I got so far sideways with it off that I realised it was better at controlling the car than I was - especially first thing in the morning when I am in a rush. Woke me up though.

?Any chance of a piccy of the switch you mention DB...CHEERS.

Cruise control can be easily retro fitted to some models. There was a thread about it a while ago, try a search. IIRC all you had to do was fit the control stalk and connect it in behind the steering wheel airbag or something.

The centre arm rest was fitted to the upper level specs. Try a breaker for one. They sometimes come up on eBay but are quite expensive.

Traction control can be switched off as per Druid Boy's advice.

Reverse sensors from eBay for £14 wok a treat on my T27 and weren't hard to fit. The installation instructions and templates for their position for the official Toyota ones are on toyota tech website.

I put my sunglasses in the lidded box at the gear lever. I actually found it a better place than above my head.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Alan some good info here,i will look further into getting the mods done,kthe first one will be the cruise control for sure.

Love to put up a photo but dunno how to. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

what make/model Reverse sensors from eBay? please provide eBay link. thanks :)

Love to put up a photo but dunno how to. Sorry.

Click in the "more reply options" button, just next to the "post" button below

You will then see a browse and attach button, to attach your photo

simples ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hey, look at that. Every day is a school day.post-102831-0-78927600-1373293287_thumb.

what make/model Reverse sensors from eBay? please provide eBay link. thanks :)

Here you go, price seems to have gone up a quid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARKING-REVERSING-REAR-SENSORS-KIT-FOUR-SENSOR-KIT/230405599727?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D8930270498885652360%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D230405599727%26

• 3 weeks later...

Have you got the service book? mine is in there at the front, it has the selling dealership stamp

Can you upload a pic of your front number plate (with the reg faded out, of course) just so I an an idea what the original number plate from the dealership looked liked please. My number plate aint from new but look dull and faded away. will order a new set soon but want to know what information like dealership names, post code are on the plates. any thoughts on this please? Thanks.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, Toyota number plates have a different style to them today than they did 10 years ago, so you are not going to have the same look. Todays Toyota plates have the dealer name, post code and BS number on a plinth just below the plate

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links