Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Wheels Spin, Rear Wheels Don't Move?

barnystumble

Hi all, new member with an odd issue. I'm not sure if its related to the ECM Transmission issue, so I have started a new thread. (Mods please move to the appropriate thread if needed)

I have a 2001 Auto Rav4, 90000 approx miles. I'm not sure when the problem first stated, but two days ago whilst driving, there was a loud clunk, and what appeared to be the rear brakes locking up. Pulled over and to cut a long story short had to have the car winched onto the back of a flatbed, as the rear wheels wouldnt move even in neutral with the handbrake off.

Since then, I have put the car on 4 axle stands. In Drive, the fronts move the rears don't. In reverse the same applies. In Neutral with the handbrake off, all wheels move, and in Park with handbrake, all is as it should be. No movement.

I'm unsure if this is related as I don't have any error codes, but before I spend more cash to have the car trailered to a garage, can anybody give me any clues? :dontgetit:

Any help will be most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like it was my rear diff that needed repairing! at least the auto box is okay. Back on the road again, and no issues with my ECU.

Well done Barny - glad all the help you got from the forum was useful...................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links