Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Street Racing Is Bad !

Jimlad

In my town there is a big one way system which is dual laned at quite a few places. A few quick races take place with speeds of upto 90mph before the brakes have to be slammed on.

Now tonight I pulled up at some lights with a honda infront of me. We sped of and when the road split into two lanes he took one and I took the other. He easily got ahead of me because my clutch is now proctically dead. I can't drive above 0.2bar boost !... lol

Anyway, I finally got to 80mph when I thought sod it and pulled behind him. The road then goes into quite a biggish bend. The civic was still hoofing it along. He turned, then slammed hs brakes on.

His poor car locked up, skidded across the lanes and slammed into the kerb ! The car shot up in the air and very nearly flipped before crashing back down. I was behind him and saw the whole thing happening !! Was mad !!

I got out to make sure he was alright. He was, but his car wasn't ! His two o/s wheels were bent practically under the car !

He got out and said... I won then... lmao !! All the boy racers who hang around in the local supermarket car park came running over. There was about 30 of them, one smashed civic and a MR2 parked infront of it. ( if only I had my camera! ). I didn't hang around long as the police would no doubt be on there way.

I said to the chap that he would have won anyway because my clutch is dead. So he basically killed his car for no reason !

Ouch !!

I don't condone any racing of any kind..... I generally had a bad day and was a bt p*ssed off. So I thought I would show him.... well he showed me..... how to crash !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• JappyBeast

• SuperRetard

• FineCactus

erm... ouch...

what more can be said.. you take the risk of doing such things.. and these things will happen..

that's one less boy racer in gala then.... doh !

till he gets it repaired of gets another toy car.. :bye:

I don't condone any racing of any kind..... I generally had a bad day and was a bt p*ssed off. So I thought I would show him.... well he showed me..... how to crash !

I know this circuit very well (been round it many times) and 80mph in a 30 zone is just leading to a prison sentance.

Sorry James but this kind of driving is stupid, imagine a kid crossing the road, it wouldnt stand a chance.

Dont forget that corner you totalled your MR2 is at the end of this stretch of road.

Not sure if you are looking for praise in this thread, I wouldnt be suprised if it got deleted.

Speeding in town isnt clever, neither is street racing.

trouble is, when you've got less than 100bhp, you tend to over-egg it a bit through the twisties...

I know this circuit very well (been round it many times) and 80mph in a 30 zone is just leading to a prison sentance.

Sorry James but this kind of driving is stupid, imagine a kid crossing the road, it wouldnt stand a chance.

Dont forget that corner you totalled your MR2 is at the end of this stretch of road.

Not sure if you are looking for praise in this thread, I wouldnt be suprised if it got deleted.

Speeding in town isnt clever, neither is street racing.

didn't say it was clever, or looking for praise of any sort.

The outcome of what happened proves that's it's very, VERY stupid !

Also... you know no one crosses the road there Jap, especially kiddies.

but still... 80mph in a 30 zone?

And you know there is a crossing next to the hotel/bus station.

We sooooooo need to sort an airfield/trackday out for a TOC bash...

as we discussed yesterday mate.. you know im game! :thumbsup:

but still... 80mph in a 30 zone?

And you know there is a crossing next to the hotel/bus station.

was just a couple of hundred yds or so from the crossing that he crashed. It was just at the entrance to the Ab hotel.

I slowed down miles before there... you don't think I'm gonna go screaming into a corner do you ? Not after the last time !!

But you did 80 in a 30 zone, racing another person who crashed and told us all about it. Should we be proud of you?

Sorry but posts like this really get to me.

But you did 80 in a 30 zone, racing another person who crashed and told us all about it. Should we be proud of you?

Sorry but posts like this really get to me.

ok.... ignore what speed I was doing... wasn't bragging.... geeze !

reads the topic title...

Street Racing Is Bad !

Fizz... check the new thread in General... I'm on it! Take death off the roads and tape up your lights, that's what I say...

Why tape up your lights when they are hidden under your nose section.. B) B)

tb perfectly honest w. u jappy if the roads as jim says it is w. absolutely no chance of ne1 crossing (and who would when they can hear engines roarin?) then a wee spot of playful fun it ok. but thats all it is a little spot. jim slowed down in time he knew wen enuff is enuff, but the other guy didnt. its people like him that make driving so dangerous for others, and get all the bad press.

-Z

it is bad tho.

I saw him lose control of his car and thought... omg !! If that was me I would be crying !

I was slightly smug tho.... " ha ha... you won the race ( me have no clutch ), but at least I can drive away ".

All I can say is, dont push your luck buddie....

I hit once a old lady and her grand daughter, I was driving my old R12 in a dark night in a highway, there were no street lights and this lady decided to cross the road running under the pedestrians bridge. :blink::blink::blink:

Anyway, they only got bruises, but the feeling after… please be careful :( . It could have been much, much worse and U know it.

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Ha,Ha thats what ya get for being a w**ker, I cant stand street racing, get out on the country lanes if you want to drive like a t*sser. know of loads of guys who have totaled mint cars in 30 limits

Also... you know no one crosses the road there Jap, especially kiddies.

How the hell can you drive around in your own little bubble and asume there will be nobody along a stretch of road that you could run down??? :ffs:

There could be anything up ahead out of site. Doesnt have to be a person it could be an dog/ cat etc Debris on the road, pot hole etc etc Enough to make you lose control and take out any other motorists. With utimate disaster of a loss of life.

DONT ROAD RACE PEOPLE!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links