Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Street Racing Is Bad !

Jimlad

I have road raced before and bent my car and and some toc members may remember my thred about it. I stressed in my thred right from the start that i had been a right tw :censor: and as a warning to other people not to do the same. I got slated and then many other people argued my point that i wasnt bigging up the event but was stating how stupid it was. What gets my goat about this thred is how it starts like a boasting boy racer dramatising it.

Would you have posted the thred the way you did if the other bloke was dead??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• JappyBeast

• SuperRetard

• FineCactus

Finecactus, I was one of the guys who actually sided with you on your thread.

I don't see where you're coming from with this one though...

It wasn't started as a boyracer thread, the message is clear that jim is saying that streetracing is no good.

And no, he probably wouldn't have posted the thread at all if the other bloke had died... that's far besides the point.

The majority of people here don't street race anyway so I can't see why there's such a big upset, credit to jim for being brave enough to bring it up in a forum where you get slated for anything.

In my town there is a big one way system which is dual laned at quite a few places. A few quick races take place with speeds of upto 90mph before the brakes have to be slammed on.

Now tonight I pulled up at some lights with a honda infront of me. We sped of and when the road split into two lanes he took one and I took the other. He easily got ahead of me because my clutch is now proctically dead. I can't drive above 0.2bar boost !... lol

Anyway, I finally got to 80mph when I thought sod it and pulled behind him. The road then goes into quite a biggish bend. The civic was still hoofing it along. He turned, then slammed hs brakes on.

His poor car locked up, skidded across the lanes and slammed into the kerb ! The car shot up in the air and very nearly flipped before crashing back down. I was behind him and saw the whole thing happening !! Was mad !!

I got out to make sure he was alright. He was, but his car wasn't ! His two o/s wheels were bent practically under the car !

He got out and said... I won then... lmao !! All the boy racers who hang around in the local supermarket car park came running over. There was about 30 of them, one smashed civic and a MR2 parked infront of it. ( if only I had my camera! ). I didn't hang around long as the police would no doubt be on there way.

I said to the chap that he would have won anyway because my clutch is dead. So he basically killed his car for no reason !

Ouch !!

I don't condone any racing of any kind..... I generally had a bad day and was a bt p*ssed off. So I thought I would show him.... well he showed me..... how to crash !

So none of the above is worded as a boy racer would brag???

The final paragraph was added after people started to comment.

I think one of the things which has wound me up is how the original statement is all jolly and the speeds quoted. Plus in my town we have a 1 way system that gets used like a race track which has a history of rta's and death. But the boy racers still tank along it. As I am near Santa Pod you get the visiting car clubs and rung wot u brung meets coming through so some weekends its another death waiting to happen.

Its like the meets that keep getting plagued by it as well.

JAE 03, a TOC member was asked to leave due to driving like a :censor:

Gaydon 03 Some :censor: sped off boy racer style, Gaydon staff were upset

Herts mini meet 04, again some racers were ragging around the grounds

Gaydon 04, god how many times did i hear marshals shouting at drivers to slow down? Then as people left for home we had to hear lots of tyre squeel....why?

no offence finecacti, but it's a reality that enthusaist car meetings will attract enthusiast drivers...

and as the old saying goes, boys will be boys...

most people don't mod their cars to be admired by a crowd and oogled at, they do it to drive fast.

Many people turn to their alter-ego's when they get inside a car, especially a modded one... arrogance and stupidity shine through in an attempt to impress.

I still maintain that jim was not boasting about racing, and with the exception of japbeast no one else knows the road he was on. At the end of the day it's up to you how you drive, there will always be those who break the rules however.

but it's a reality that enthusaist car meetings will attract enthusiast drivers...

Dont agree soz.. :P

From the age of about 2 I have grown up going to car shows with my Dad.

He has rebuilt many cars from Morris Minors to Lotus Cortina's. Some summers would have an event every weekend. Plus Santa pod was always available to pop too.

Just because you are a car enthusaist doesnt mean you have to drive like a idiot, or just because you have a modded car.

Peace :thumbsup:

The final paragraph was added after people started to comment.

nope.. all at the same time m8

I wish we were all in a nice comfy circle at JAE with a still hot BBQ behind us so we could talk about this all night.

Its good for people to have strong opinions on subjects and not to back down on what they believe. Everyone has different opinions but I dont see the fact that you have a quick, modded car gives you the right to speed over twice the limit tho.. fast cars can go slow also. My car isnt slow but I dont rag about at stupid speeds.

Its all about respecting your machine!

Thats what I love about this forum, free expression, you get respect for your opinions and we all stay friends.

Its Ace :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links