Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time To Try And Get The Detailing Mojo Back..

CharlieFarlie

As many of you know I used to love detailing,,,But despite offering advice when I can I have to admit I have lost the will to do much myself these days.. Likely down to a few very hectic months in which moving house over 360 miles and renovating the same has blooming worn me out But....

I was offered the choice of a company car.. Or to take the mileage payment option meaning I simply get paid a set amount per mile using my own car.. I have been using the Jag XF but the problem is its getting hammered on the construction sites I visit so the last 3 weeks or so the old T180 has been called back into service..

So I'm looking at maybe changing the car T180 that is for one of the later shape SRs as I just love the auto box and I'm getting to be a lazy git..

I still want to retain a car with 4WD ability as we live out in the sticks and another Rav4 is the weapon of choise..

This weekend weather permitting will see a 2 day detail on the T180 in readyness to start the hunt for an SR and the sale of the car (T180) if I can find that nice SR..

Wish me luck I think Im going to need it !

Good luck. Im having the same issue getting the motivation back. I can do my friends cars but just cant in the spirit to do my own

Alex

• Like 1

Yes I understand that fully ! It's easy to try and help someone else especially if they are having problems but the motivation to get stuck in to my or our own cars is very hard to find ..

take it your on www.detailingworld.com? I had a customer ask me not to have his car washed the other day as he had only just applied two layers of autoglym hd wax

Alex

Alex I've been on DW since its early days ..

• Like 1

take it your on www.detailingworld.com? I had a customer ask me not to have his car washed the other day as he had only just applied two layers of autoglym hd wax

Alex

Probably because he knows if the sponge gets dropped it will be applied to his pride and joy, Alex, and prey hesto.....Etch a Sketch bodywork. Lovely guy at our Mr. T takes no offence when ah leave him a note......."Washing this car gets ye stabbed".......it's a Glesga term of endearment......

• Like 1

Ere Kev I wonder if that's a medical condition ?? AGHD???? It should be for all the good that carp does.......

Autoglym HD was what RRG had used on my and Don's Ravs........utterly stupendful gloss and water repellancy and beading, but longevity not great. Now using Sonax detail spray on mine........Clare's Dad Tony gave me the nod......if not heard of or used, go get min.....it's a revelation.

Graet news Charlie that you've decided to keep with the Rav,the SR sounds an good choice.

Looking forward to the piccys of it gleaming once you've got your detailing hands on on :thumbsup:

Graet news Charlie that you've decided to keep with the Rav,the SR sounds an good choice.

Looking forward to the piccys of it gleaming once you've got your detailing hands on on :thumbsup:

Hi Paul.. Mate I haven't bought an SR yet mate but it is on the cards.. My thoughts are to get the T180 up to its best then see what it will sell for or maybe trade in..

I realise of course that prices are low now so will just see what happens.. On the other hand of course the used late SRs are now attractively priced.. I have a budget and if I can do it within that budget the great.. If not the T180 will soldier on for another year.... Mmmmmm

Can't take it with you Charlie....................

Very good point Don and having lost my best mate a few months ago brought that point home with quite a bang... But I am a bit conservative when it comes to spending money.. Tight ? .. I will not entertain finance as I like to keep overheads low.. But on the other hand I would like an Automatic and now my mileage is paid for the overall cost of owning an auto will be low..

I will find the right car as Im in no mad hurry.

I am the same Charlie in terms of not liking finance, but it is interesting as I am looking to replace the wife's motor and all manufacturers are trying to push finance as I guess it helps having a regular income rather than having to "discount for cash" and a one off payment.

Gus

Not knocking finance or those that have it Gus.. Necessary evil for most and it seems in this day and age so many people just have these agreements where they either pay a large payment at the end or hand the car back and take another car with the same thing starting again..

Me .. Well I like owning my cars and take a pride in them.. I haven't had finance on a vehicle for many many years and have always justified the purchases to myself by thinking well if I fall on hard times I can just sell the car or cars...

I have around 10K and my car but will stretch a wee bit for the right car of course.. Spending ones own coin rather than stretching payments a bit is quite sobering Im sure you will agree..

Our last purchase was the Wifes wee Fiesta Automatic.. We had a cash budget and managed to buy a top spec Titanium well within that budget. We bought it privately for at least 2K under cars we viewed at garages.. Wish I could replicate that again !!

RAV2013025_zps66c3ee4a.jpg

I feel terribly guilty having so much money tied up in cars but I enjoy them both so they are staying.

Don what do you have beside the SR ? Cant remember ....

I start a new job in october which will require a 46 mile round trip for up to 4 days a week. I didn't want to pile the miles on the RAV (it has done 3600 since new in November). I bought a 2008 Daihatsu Sirion which has a 3 cylinder Toyota engine and box straight out of a Yaris/Aygo. It does 50mpg and costs £30 a year to tax. It has loads of kit and is great fun to drive. If I don't get the gears just right on a hill it just dies so it makes me think properly about driving it!!!

http://www.daihatsu.com/catalogue/sirion/index.html

I embarrassingly went back into the dealers when they lent me one if those Aygos to inform them it wasn't running properly ....

I had the old one for each foot joke everywhere I went with it.. No doubting the validity of such an economical car in this day and age !!

I start a new job in october which will require a 46 mile round trip for up to 4 days a week. I didn't want to pile the miles on the RAV (it has done 3600 since new in November). I bought a 2008 Daihatsu Sirion which has a 3 cylinder Toyota engine and box straight out of a Yaris/Aygo. It does 50mpg and costs £30 a year to tax. It has loads of kit and is great fun to drive. If I don't get the gears just right on a hill it just dies so it makes me think properly about driving it!!!

http://www.daihatsu.com/catalogue/sirion/index.html

I didn't think that Daihatsu were importing cars into UK anymore due to the adverse Yen:GB£ exchange rate. Always heard good things about the Terios (4.2 RAV running gear, I believe).

Charlie, that Sr you posted a link to the other day looked very good value compared to book price. I would have thought £10k plus your T180 would easily secure that one?

I'm trying desperately to find the time to get over to look at that car David.. Sod law determines its a 310 mile round trip though and time is very short just now... But yes that car fits the bill very well indeed.. I do favour the white ones !

I'm trying desperately to find the time to get over to look at that car David.. Sod law determines its a 310 mile round trip though and time is very short just now... But yes that car fits the bill very well indeed.. I do favour the white ones !

PM sent.

Before my current car, I bought the RAV from a Dealer 350+ miles away, agreeing the cost-to-change with a Part-exchange price on my Qashqai and deposit to secure, refundable if car not right or part-ex price not honoured.

And the Qashqai was similar ... 400 mile round trp to see and pickup, with cost to change agreed with RAV4.2 being part-ex.

Both worked out fine, and test drive done on arrival and before anything signed :)

• Like 1

PM sent.

Keep Cameron up there if you don't mind.

Before my current car, I bought the RAV from a Dealer 350+ miles away, agreeing the cost-to-change with a Part-exchange price on my Qashqai and deposit to secure, refundable if car not right or part-ex price not honoured.

And the Qashqai was similar ... 400 mile round trp to see and pickup, with cost to change agreed with RAV4.2 being part-ex.

Both worked out fine, and test drive done on arrival and before anything signed :)

Yes David I have done similar in the past like travelling from Scotland down to deepest south Wales when I bought the XF..

Just having a browse through the T180s on eBay has surprised me at the prices bieng asked for cars the age of mine and mostly with many more miles...

My plan was to do a really good job on my one which is now sat at 75K miles with absolutely nothing needing to be done I even had it serviced a couple of weeks ago and then see what I can get for it privately.. I could easily beat the prices on the bay and present a car with pretty much every extra and of course now mechanically a good prospect.....

I will however give the Dealer in Bishops Stortford a ring tomorrow and see what the prospects are.. I really am in no mad hurry but would like most like to get the job done...

Cheers..

Oh and thanks Kevin !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links