Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid Excel Space For Spare Wheel?

Bazbell

It's the other way round on the Prius and Prius+ less wasted space, but harder to check pressure as the valve is underneath.

It's the other way round on the Prius and Prius+ less wasted space, but harder to check pressure as the valve is underneath.

Ha! not for me - I have a 3rd party Tyre Pressure Monitoring System that includes the spare, so I can see it's pressure from my seat, and get an audible warning if it gets too low (or high or hot).

• Like 1

Now there's an Idea I like, not keen on TPMS on the road wheels, too easy to nick, but one on the spare, brilliant. :thumbsup:

Now there's an Idea I like, not keen on TPMS on the road wheels, too easy to nick, but one on the spare, brilliant. :thumbsup:

I've had mine on for 18 months now and you would have to look really closely to notice they're not ordinary dust caps.

They do come with a special tiny screen that makes them harder to remove, but if forced they would damage the valve thread, so I chose not to use them.

Come to think of it, I've never had anyone tamper with my dust caps in o9ver 40 years (and ¾ million miles) of driving, so I feel it's an acceptable risk. Easy enough to remove them temporarily if I had any concerns.

I do make a point of reminding my dealer when I go for servicing, new tyres or winter/.summer tyre swaps to tell his man not to throw them away, but I'd notice it pretty quickly when I get back in the car as the display on the dash would be bleeping furiously if all were missing!

How do they stand up to power washing ?

I was looking at the Tyrepal system, although it would cost £170 with the 5th sensor for the spare.

Have a power wash at least twice a month, no problems so far.

When I ordered it, the fifth sensor was cheaper if ordered at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually £164.95 with delivery. I believe mine to be worth every penny.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links