Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where To Buy Castrol - Edge Professional C1 5W30

CharlieFarlie

chasing the holly grail, as long as car makers get it wrong with their motors, and oil companys want to make more money out of the buyer, we the public will remain at their mercy.

year after year the goal post are moved and not always for the better, at the end of the day any oil is better that no oil as many a crank shafl will verify

B-A

So should ah seek out some Castrol GTX for mine, George...? Don't think the DPF would want it.......or the EGR.......or the piston rings........and Hellmanns might sue for whit is left behind after combustion.......Possibly goes under the general heading of constant improvement and progress.....?

sorry Big Kev but if you think the DPF or EGR are progress or more drain holes in piston make a better engine it's time to step back in time, in the seventys I ran a morris diesel 1.5 ok it was slow and noisy but it covered 200000 miles on Duchams fleet oil and was still going strong when I part ex it. sorry to have hi jacked the thread, my point was no matter how much we spend on pride and joy with this 2006-9 2.2 we have to keep our fingers crossed and hope.

Geordie

My point was more in reply to "any oil is better than no oil", Geordie.....me same as you.....no wanty EGR, DPF, Catalysers, but fed the wrong oils they are all quickly gubbered.

Once not so long ago Morrises was bandied as being one of the best oil for the 2.2 engine.. Now its second best... But thats because we are and likely always be on a learning curve..... Now we know that this miraculous low ash oil is better so now that is what I will use.....

Its like anything in life. Things improve. Products improve.. As an Apprentice I spent hours.. NO...Make that days carrying roof tiles up ladders on me shoulder..

Long live progress !!

sorry Big Kev but if you think the DPF or EGR are progress or more drain holes in piston make a better engine it's time to step back in time, in the seventys I ran a morris diesel 1.5 ok it was slow and noisy but it covered 200000 miles on Duchams fleet oil and was still going strong when I part ex it. sorry to have hi jacked the thread, my point was no matter how much we spend on pride and joy with this 2006-9 2.2 we have to keep our fingers crossed and hope.

Geordie

George.. Your old Morris along with the old Ford Granada diesels I mentioned are from before the days car manufacturer's were forced into attaching S hite in the form of DPF/DPNR units and EGR valves ald all manor of gubbins that does nout but cause flaming untold agg... That is why they ran and ran without issue.. Old mans Granadas would turn in 2 to 300 K miles easily without much more than very very frequent oil changes for which Tawd fella was a blooming stickler !!

But then you already knew that ..........................

Anyone used Valvoline

Triple QX C2 low ash in their T180?

Eurocar parts are selling it @ £39 for 6 lts ATM.

COSTCO = CASTROL EDGE FULL SYNTHETIC OIL £29.95, FOR 4 LITRES.

5W30

I visit Costco on a regular basis and have only seen the cooking version of Castrol Edge and its very expensive.. All shelf prices on oil are plus VAT.. 29.95 for four litres is not bad if its the low ash c2 stuff..

The person I spoke to at eurocarparts said the triple QX is the only C2 'low ash' oil they stock.??

The Castrol Edge website recommends Castrol Magnatec 5w 30 for T180's ? I thought Magnatec was the cheaper brew?

I saw that Kingo..

Thought it strange to.

It is this one - http://castroledge.com/oil-range/0w-30

29.95 inclusive of VAT but they are not on the website, you have to go to the shop. Actually my profile photo is that oil :)

Costco Reading or Watford - those I go to, and they are always in stock. If you wait for Christmas they run 20% discount. Magnatec is also available for 1995 I think

If you need some - let me know I can get them for you but shipping might be expensive

sasha

• Like 1

It is this one - http://castroledge.com/oil-range/0w-30

29.95 inclusive of VAT but they are not on the website, you have to go to the shop. Actually my profile photo is that oil :)

Costco Reading or Watford - those I go to, and they are always in stock. If you wait for Christmas they run 20% discount. Magnatec is also available for 1995 I think

If you need some - let me know I can get them for you but shipping might be expensive

sasha

Awwwwww Mate I'm that confused with this oil that I don't know if that stuff is the low ash or not !

I do greatly appreciate the replies but to be honest I'm so confused its just daft..

Awwwwww Mate I'm that confused with this oil that I don't know if that stuff is the low ash or not !

I do greatly appreciate the replies but to be honest I'm so confused its just daft..

Hi Charlie,

just got a flyer about this one:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/0w30-engine-oil/?521770991&0&cc5_249

They seem to stock two variants of this oil 0w-30 and 5w-30. Slightly different prices ( vat inclusive ) HTH

UPDATE: Branches in Worcester, Bromsgrove and 2 in Birmingham

Hi Charlie,

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/0w30-engine-oil/?521770991&0&cc5_249

They seem to stock two variants of this oil 0w-30 and 5w-30. Slightly different prices ( vat inclusive ) HTH

Invalid link mate.. Page wont load ?

Hi Charlie,

Invalid link mate.. Page wont load ?

Sorry Charlie - try:

http://www.eurocarparts.com

it's on the front page of the site or under the engine oils tab at the top

• Like 1

I am currently using Mobil 1 ESP (emmission system protection) which is especially for cars with DPFs. It comes in either 5W/30 or 0W/30. You can use the 0W/30 and it will save some fuel and give easier starting in the cold weather but it is more expensive. Just read the description here and you will see it suites the D-CAT engine very well. Me and the big boy from the Glasgow suburbs found some at a reasonable price on eBay - it pops up now and again.

http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LCW/carengineoils_products_mobil-1-esp-formula-5w30.aspx

http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LCW/carengineoils_products_mobil-1-esp-0w30.aspx#

• Like 1

Just bought the Triple QX FSH C2 . 5w-30w.oil. (5+1 Lts.)and a filter.

£41.94 incl vat @ eurocarparts.

Just waiting on a decent day to do the job.

Easyish DIY using the excellent guide on here,but anypthing I should watch out for.

Cheers guys.

Just be prepared for some brokened pop oot clips, Paul, or having been replaced by The Bears with anything up to kirby grips to secure the under engine guard.

• Like 1

Just bought the Triple QX FSH C2 . 5w-30w.oil. (5+1 Lts.)and a filter.

£41.94 incl vat @ eurocarparts.

Just waiting on a decent day to do the job.

Easyish DIY using the excellent guide on here,but anypthing I should watch out for.

Cheers guys.

Hi Paul,

there is a thread on here about the hexagon plug in the bottom of the oil filter housing becoming siezed. Might be worth a read - it's not a show stopper as you can remove the complete filter housing and not bother with the plug, it's just more messy that way. Other thing is it's worth having the proper filter wrench ( £12 - 15 from eBay ) as anything other than one that you can operate with a socket extension from beneath the motor and in line with the filter can be hard work if the Technician ( ooops! sorry Anchorman ) who changed it previously was over enthusiastic tightening it up. HTH.

• Like 1

Many thanks guys.

I have a few spare clips to hand ta Kev.

I'll get myself the correct filter tool as well.,ta Chris.

Got me Torque wrench at the ready.

Many thanks guys.

I have a few spare clips to hand ta Kev.

I'll get myself the correct filter tool as well.,ta Chris.

Got me Torque wrench at the ready.

64.5mm (14 flutes) Paul.

• Like 1

Simple job Paul if a wee bit messy.. I don't bother with that drain plug thing just remove the whole assembly.. As said its oil up the sleeve but I always seem to get covered in oil anyway......

Thanks to all for the replies.. I'm going to go for the 0w30 stuff now its been confirmed its suitable for the engine.. I'm never bothered about parts or oil costing a bit more as I feel the best oils and genuine parts are an investment...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links