Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Ems System

Crocker

I hope their is somebody out there who can help me. For a number of weeks the EMS indicator light has been going off and on. I had been having a few symptoms and problems with the engine, these included, sluggish starting, poor starting following a brief stop after a fairly long journey, car went into limp mode on two occassions. After both times the car would not start for approx 20 minutes, it then did start. The third time the car cut out and did not start for about 30 minutes. All three occassions when the car proved difficult to start I was towing a caravan.

I took the car into a toyota main dealer who indicated it was (based on a diagnostic check) the turbo. However running another check at a further garage it indicated the EGR system. I have had all these checked, the valve in the EGR changed, a system flush and still the EMS code indicates a problem with the EGR system.

There is a whineing sound from the turbo, but according to all, to be expected from a vehicle which has done close to 120,000 miles.

Could anybody offer any advice for somebody with only a basic knowledge of engine management.

Start with the basics:

Change fuel filter

Check SCV valves

There are stickys relating to such in the RAV4 club technical tips pinned section

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links