Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Gasket - Again :-/ ?

Ken_A

Guys - I am a long time lurker - used the site loads but not posted before as most items seem to be well covered - well until now :-(

I have an 07 2.2 D4D ~128k a few years ago ~76k I noticed the heating not working and fans on to cool engine - took it to Toyota who eventually replaced parts of engine due to head gasket - TBH the dealer was not very helpful with telling me what was replaced etc and it took 3 or 4 weeks :-(

Sadly I have noticed a lack of coolant, heaters not working as expected and when I topped up the coolant it seems to be getting ejected through the overflow??

Seems like the Head Gasket again? Any thoughts? I thought the replacement was with an upgraded part - to stop this happening??? Any ideas????? Any chance of Toyota covering it?

Guys - I am a long time lurker - used the site loads but not posted before as most items seem to be well covered - well until now :-(

I have an 07 2.2 D4D ~128k a few years ago ~76k I noticed the heating not working and fans on to cool engine - took it to Toyota who eventually replaced parts of engine due to head gasket - TBH the dealer was not very helpful with telling me what was replaced etc and it took 3 or 4 weeks :-(

Sadly I have noticed a lack of coolant, heaters not working as expected and when I topped up the coolant it seems to be getting ejected through the overflow??

Seems like the Head Gasket again? Any thoughts? I thought the replacement was with an upgraded part - to stop this happening??? Any ideas????? Any chance of Toyota covering it?

Was it shelbourne? Definately sounds like the head gasket - Its probably unlikely toyota will cover it - but never say never, speak to the dealer - then maybe toyota uk. Part of the reason that toyota switched to a 3/4 engine replacement instead of repair, was because they are a complicated engine and the dealer repair was not always successful.

Let us know how you get on.

Yea it was Shelbourne, cant fault their work - but their service is perhaps a bit lacking at times.

I will have a chat to them really let down if it is the gasket, the replacement only lasted as long as the first one - surely I would be-able to argue that the replacement was not appropriate as this would not last past the original warrantee of the initial gasket. :(

I've got parts from them a few times, normally a bit cheaper than hursts - ring them and let them know! Maybe fire an email off to Toyota gb as well. Hate to say this and I hope it isn't the case, I've just had the engine replaced on my 2.2 D4D lexus and they told me that the warranty was from a year from the engine was fitted. Also your mileage is over the 112k limit, but still I'd push them. Let me know how you get on?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links