Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibrations 2.2 Diesel

DG2.2

Appologies if this is going over old ground

Have a 2.2 Avensis Diesel on a 55 plate and its started to vibrate when Idle and or sitting in traffic, I can feel the vibrations throughout the car. When Im moving it disappears.

All the levels look Ok, cant see any leaks and I have put a tub of Comma Diesel magic through the system and am just awaiting to see if this improves.

Any ideas of a solution or advice as to what it possibly could be would be great. The car has done less than 75,000 miles.

Cheers

Has the idle speed reduced at all? Low idle speeds can cause bad vibrations. Beach Boys cause Good Vibrations.

Checked the idle speed and it stays the same when sitting in traffic, just under a 1000 and stays there constantly - also the vibrations seem to stop when Im actually moving .

Air box touching something.......loose............pipe loose? Quite common on some models, especially if the air filter has been looked at or changed

Kingo :thumbsup:

Im sure its not the air filter as Ive had this before and sorted using some tape and self tappers, the vibration can be felt inside the car - Im just going over the helpfull replies and Id be suprised if a DMF failed after just 72000 miles?

Just trying to cover all the angles as its due its 72000 mile service and ( only done 3500 miles since March) and dont want any suprises from Mr T . The car is fully serviced by Toyota.

I have a 2.2 Lexus and its really not the most refined thing at idle - could possibly be normal? Best to get a mechanic to took at it. DMF's can go at any point, mine was replaced by Lexus a few weeks ago at 64,000 miles along with the clutch! £2,060! Classic Japanese parts prices! Viva warranty! lol

Its due for a service so Ill get them to have a look at this. Hopefully it will be normal, thanks for all the ideas much appreciated :D

Omg i had the same problem when i first bought my Auris last year... the vibration was going through my car and it was making my stomach churn to the point i wanted to be physically sick. I took it to Toyota and they said they couldn't find any thing and that it could be coz it was winter at the time that the car was rattling more.... but funny thing is, it never happened again after that....

Strange they couldn't find the problem - fingers crossed

Also there is no vibrations coming through the gear stick - not sure if this makes any difference?

If it helps, I've had the same issue on my car ever since I bought it. The symtoms are exactly how you describe. Not sure of root cause but for me it sounds like the whole interior is resonating a bit. It doesn't bother me too much - I suppose I have got used to it. The car is so brilliant otherwise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links