Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windows Xp

FineCactus

Ive had the miss fortune of having a computer with a personality complex. So ive gone and got myself Windows XP and drag it into the up to date world.

Its now shouting at me that I cant use my Scanner as i have no "USB supplement Windows 98" And that my Web cam doesnt work with XP. Oh and my sound driver isnt supported by xp either......WOT THE FRIG! :ffs:

Ive just spent all this money and do I now have to write out P45's for all these items and get new ones???!

GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH :ffs:

Its highly likely you can get it all running mate, just download the windows xp drivers for each device. Remove the old drivers first then install the new ones.

If they dont do winxp drivers for your hardware, try win2000 drivers. Should be fine.

I had the same prob with my scanner when I upgraded to XP Pro!

I just assumed it was only compatible with previous versions of Windows and got a digital camera instead!

Hate Windows! You'd expect for a new version to be compatible with peripherals from older versions! :rolleyes:

I just assumed it was only compatible with previous versions of Windows and got a digital camera instead!

God ive not tried my digi camera yet :huh:

Ive been on the web site of the sound card and to my regret have read that my sound card will not work with xp. Still looking for a driver for the scanner cant find any listed, has anyone heard of a Scanmagic 600cu? :crybaby:

try this driver for your scanner:

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta...?driverid=60136

u'll need free registration on driver-guide to download them.

-Z

Great, your a life saver!

Down loaded and the scanner has been let of with a verbal warning. Just need to have a chat with the camera/ web cam/ and printer :boxing:. Oh wot fun.

Thank you! :afro:

I had that prob 98->XP, has to write my own driver for usb scanner and web cam, but still cant get my TV card to work

Great, your a life saver!

Down loaded and the scanner has been let of with a verbal warning. Just need to have a chat with the camera/ web cam/ and printer :boxing:. Oh wot fun.

Thank you! :afro:

dont mention it m8. :thumbsup:

-Z

hi

why dont u backup your data files and then do a full format and install xp that way its nice and clean otherwise u be doing it agian in 10wks time....upgrades never seem to go smoothly..and xp has a live time of about 11 months before u notice it slow down and need a rebuild....

as for the drivers they sould be ok unless they are legacy stuff check out

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/catalog/d...&title=hardware

:thumbsup:

lol yep. clean install XP...

best thing i reckon is to clean isntall xp, install all updates/patches/latest drivers (that are stable), programs etc. then do a full defrag. then finally ghost the %$(er.

then unless theres a major change u can always restore from ur ghost image, saves tons of time.

altho u'll miss all the fun of reinstalling & reconfiguring everything...

-Z

There is another way but its a little long winded.

trouble shoot the harware and were you get the option to self detect the driver

click yes then opt to check all hard drives and other areas

this will then scan the web for suitable drivers for you and auto install them

but once you set it going go and make a coffee and settle down to a good movie,

alternatively go to the pub for a couple of hours and leave it to it. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links