Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaking Fuel Pipe On 2006 Xt5

talim

And here was me thinking Toyota were better built than average!

In the two years I've had mine it hasn't let me down, but the build quality is no better than the vauxhalls or fords I've had. And I never had a dangerous rusty fuel pipe on cars much older!

With the noisy steering starting to manifest itself on mine, and possibly other expensive issues I'm seriously starting to rethink my plan to keep my rav for another couple of years.

I took a petrol Vauxhall omega to 150000 miles and the only things I replace were wear and tear items and a few tired suspension items. My rav is at 40k miles and I'm not too confident its coping as well as the supposedly lesser car!

I think the Toyota legend is getting like the vw one, in that it's based on their past history and not the more recent reality.

A few years ago on one of my cars I replaced a fuel line using small bore or microbore copper pipe.Easy to bend to shape

Whats the betting that would outlive the car.May be frowned on by some these days though !!!

Del

I wasn't going to post again but I have repaiired two Rav4's both 2006 models and both not well looked after, so I won't mention Toyota build/design do that yourself, but if it's the small pipe running from the tank to the fuell cap it can be repaired by cutting out the bad piece and going to a decent motor factor and getting some heater hose and a couple of decent jubilee clips, don't give Mt T £125, why I'm posting is because on both Rav4's the top monted point for the plastic cover was badly corroded but you can get a very heavy duty tywrap and pass it through the hole and around the large pipe, I do know someone who blanked the small pipe off directly near the tank he now needs to fill up slowly or gets a wash, so It must be used for filling faster, if it's the large pipe I'm sure you could do the same, it's not under pressure etc., excuse any spelling mistakes I don't have my glasses

The small pipe is the fuel return to enable a faster fill, I am sure you could replace that with a rubber pipe. I would not suggest the same for the filler neck, it needs to be substantial, you dont want the hose collapsing otherwise you would not fill it easily. That's why it is metal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links