Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Dog Guard

andy757

Is there such a dog guard available for use when the rear seats are folded down or do these dog guards only fit with seats up?

This is for the 3 door model and we find the boot is just a little too small for the 2 dogs when the seats are up but obviously we gain more room when the seats are folded down.

There is such a device Andy, to stop dogs clambering into very front and endangering folks..........l am not sure, but seem to recall the calibre is .22, but you need a special licence to use it, and no criminal record.

Welcome to the club.......just hope you don't hit the woof when you read this........:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Don't know about the model with less doors (see any post by bothy he has a thing about all those doors on the bigger model) but my 5 door came with a separation net that can be used with the rear seats in situ , folded down or removed. Page 190 of the handbook shows the 3 mounting positions for it. I would think a metal dog guard with adjustable straps could do something similar if it is possible to buy one. There are 2 top mounting positions on mine maybe Mr T sells a proper dog guard (better sit down before any price is mentioned) that fits the mounting sockets.The separation net doesn't keep all dogs out of the drivers area as I found out on the M1. Welcome to the forum btw , we are a friendly bunch.

Yes, there is a floor-to-ceiling metal dog guard, available as a Toyota accessory. It doesn't attach to the seats, only floor/top sockets, IIRC. Was also a tad pricey, I remember.

The other thing available is a floor-to-ceiling net, but this is not doggy proof - the b*ggers get round the sides of it - and is listed as a "load restrainer" or something similar.

Chris

"but this is not doggy proof - the b*ggers get round the sides of it" - unless you also employ Big Kev's device as well!

• Like 1

No need, Jamesy.......net is made of wire mesh, and training/discouragement period consists of attaching it to mains supply and hanging dampened doggy treats from it. They will never come near it again.......

• Like 1

No need, Jamesy.......net is made of wire mesh, and training/discouragement period consists of attaching it to mains supply and hanging dampened doggy treats from it. They will never come near it again.......

Presumably with a very, very long extension lead.........................

Training/discouragement period WOULD OF COURSE OCCUR IN ONE'S DRIVEWAY...........golly gosh......

You're not a lover of mans best friend then Kev ?

• Like 1

You're not a lover of mans best friend then Kev ?

Really love dogs, Paul.......if cannot be trained to sit on airse in car..........point 22 time.......

I have one of those genuine Toyoya mesh ones and for a suitable donation to Macmillan nurses I will give it away .... It would have to be collected though as posting is not on....

• Like 3

Charlie, I assume it's in Warwickshire ? I can't collect as I'm in Suffolk. What would be the postage as I would be happy to cover that and make a donation as requested.

Mate sorry but I looked into posting this thing for a member ages ago and it's a bit of a pain to pack and post and if I'm honest time is short just now... I can't view locations on the forum as our phone and internet are down at this time so I'm using my phone.. Which is poor to say the least !!

PDF couriers Andy........good rates and service.

Mate sorry but I looked into posting this thing for a member ages ago and it's a bit of a pain to pack and post and if I'm honest time is short just now... I can't view locations on the forum as our phone and internet are down at this time so I'm using my phone.. Which is poor to say the least !!

Your right Charlie.

I sold the one from my old car.

Took me about 2 hrs to parcel it up,bubble wrap cardboard the lot,and another hour trying to find a courier.

Wrapped it up really well,but still the buyer managed to find a tiny scratch,done in transit.

Some things just aernt worth the hastle of posting.

Yes Paul that's the thoughts I have.... Plus honestly time is so short these days...

But if the OP can think of a friend or relative in this area I will hand it to them and they may be able to sort it .. It's been here nearly three years now so not going anywhere soon....

Andy, if you get one, make sure it is for the 4.2, AND it has the correct fittings with it. The Toyota proper one is good but I bought a Travall off e bay which is superb, and they do a full size version.

Spookily, there is one for sale on good old e bay as we speak, with 4 days to go. It's the 1/2 version, but will give you the idea! The Toyota one can be a pain to fit as well.

Dog and Big Kev fan!!!!!!! :giljotiini:

• Like 1

Andy, if you get one, make sure it is for the 4.2, AND it has the correct fittings with it. The Toyota proper one is good but I bought a Travall off e bay which is superb, and they do a full size version.

Spookily, there is one for sale on good old e bay as we speak, with 4 days to go. It's the 1/2 version, but will give you the idea! The Toyota one can be a pain to fit as well.

Good point Ainsley.. I had not spotted Andy's car was a 4.2.. The one I have of course is for a 4.3 which would be no good...

Our landline is down currently no doubt one of the joys of living out in the sticks where the phone lines are up on poles.. But I have today bought a wee portable phone based modem so I can use the laptop instead of the phone which does not display the members location or car type/model.....

Good point Ainsley.. I had not spotted Andy's car was a 4.2.. The one I have of course is for a 4.3 which would be no good...

Our landline is down currently no doubt one of the joys of living out in the sticks where the phone lines are up on poles.. But I have today bought a wee portable phone based modem so I can use the laptop instead of the phone which does not display the members location or car type/model.....

It may be OK, Charlie. I was going to flog the one that came with our 4.2 but then I found that it fits the 4.3.

It may be OK, Charlie. I was going to flog the one that came with our 4.2 but then I found that it fits the 4.3.
I have no idea mate.. It came with the car and I have never even unrolled it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been onto a Toyota dealer and they say there is one available for the 3 door RAV4 and specifically for when the rear seats are down. Approx cost £188 and they are going to dig out a photo and send to me. I can then see if it's what I need. The price is a bit steep though but maybe I can find one on the tinterweb. Part number is GBNGA-4G132

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links